Round 1, Game 2: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Wednesday 4-19-23, 8:30pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

As bad as this looks now, if the Wild can weather this, then get just ONE goal back and get this to 2-1, could go a long way towards evening out the playing surface.

Everyone and their bookie knew Dallas was going to come out roaring after that double OT loss, and after the loss of Pavelski.
Wild just have to get through this, and when Dallas takes a breath, strike them hard.

One goal. Just one will do that...then it can just go from there!

59 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

We are getting worked 

Didn't think we would win Game 2.  So, beat them up physically before we face them at home.....Strategically inflict as much pain as possible.  With MAF in net, I was not optimistic.

59 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As bad as this looks now, if the Wild can weather this, then get just ONE goal back and get this to 2-1, could go a long way towards evening out the playing surface.

Everyone and their bookie knew Dallas was going to come out roaring after that double OT loss, and after the loss of Pavelski.
Wild just have to get through this, and when Dallas takes a breath, strike them hard.

One goal. Just one will do that...then it can just go from there!

True....But we need to sustain something out of our end to do so.  The prospects look pretty grim so far.

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Didn't think we would win Game 2.  So, beat them up physically before we face them at home.....Strategically inflict as much pain as possible.  With MAF in net, I was not optimistic.

I’m right there with ya 

Great to see the lead narrow towards the end of the surge.  However, there are other priorities for me this game:

Moose                                                                           Reeves

263771140_AngryMoose2.jpg.5a33492ff930a13be6c753e4792f4f46.jpg  + 111268577_BearReeves.png.fb9edd8335e6b2da2d23057ed789600a.png =  "We are coming for you Roxanne Suitless"

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

I'm here now, we went to Burger King to get food and some lady walked in trying to show us how they removed a tumor on her but it was still infected like come on lady really.

That's when you just 'jersey her' and cut in front Grinch.jpg.2b10d705dff401e760e53b8fb98e629d.jpg ......Yeah, I am often times a jackass.jpg.6382bf8a694bb0a952fd3ec38d348b00.jpg

All in all, given how things started, I'll take the 2-1 deficit.

One could have argued the Wild were just out of it, had they gone to the dressing room down 2-0.
Now, they are very much in it, still playing like they want to separate Dallas heads from bodies, and know they are just a shot away from an even score once again.

MAF, of course, needs to make stops.
His team can help him do that by not blatantly turning the puck over and/or doing stupid things to put the Wild shorthanded.

We still got a game, boys!

• Like 2