2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who do you want want then?

It would be really nice to grab a potential top line centre or defenceman. Helenius, Parekh, Iginla, Dickinson, another shot at a Jiricek, Yaremchuk...any of them over a one dimensional winger. 

If we didn't already have Konecny, Forester, Tippett and Michkov in the pipeline, and did have a great centre and defenceman prospect, then maybe Eisserman would fit the bill. Clearly he can score. All those guys I named, including Eisserman, NEED a centre.

I think there's going to be a handful of players available at #12 that are fairly equal as far as BPA (depending on how the draft shakes out of course) 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who do you want want then?

I got to thinking about it and as much as I want centers this draft, they might be better off holding off until next year to draft a center or centers. Instead, I hope they land Yakemchuk and Elick. Give me two right handed defensemen with size, a seriously mean disposition, one who has offensive skills like John Carlson and the other is an elite shut down defender. They can then move Drysdale to the left side and let him roam from his offside.

• Like 1

Disappointed Kolosov isn't getting the start. No reason to even be playing Petersen.

Flyers do know there is nothing to be gained by tanking in the AHL right?

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Disappointed Kolosov isn't getting the start. No reason to even be playing Petersen.

That would be soooooo Flyers to tank in the AHL. 

What, we don't get to pick 1st in the AHL draft? Who knew?

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is that stupid mentality that you have to 'earn' your spot and that veterans are ALWAYS given the preferential treatment. It's a ****** joke. Another reason that Puckhead needs to go. He knows nothing of player development.

• Good Post 1

Nice to see them win but damn sure would be nice to see more of the kids who were drafted played than some of the AHL scrubs...this club is clueless how to develop it's players...you'd at least think they would know they have to PLAY to develop.

But no i only counted 8 effin players in the lineup who actually played.

8 of 20 players not even half the roster is development players.

WTF are we doing here Flyers...if you want the kids to gain experience hopefully you want it on the ice and not in the sky box making popcorn.

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn all these scratches????

Wow.

The AHL does not have a roster limit like the NHL (limited to 23 players).  A game roster is the same as NHL…18 skaters and 2 goalies.  13 of the skaters have to be considered “development players” with 320 or less professional games.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1