2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

@pilldoc

I figured what better time now than for a new prospect thread. Was wondering if you could swap out and pin this one. Thanks.

So as we turn the page to the new year and rebuild i thought what better way than to start with an accolade for a up and coming kid.

Tyson Foerster has made the AHL’s Top Prospects Team.

Anyone else feel free to add to all the info here.

I look forward to the Danny Briere years started off with a bang!!!!!

• Good Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to get this kid some playing time in the top 6 next year. See if he is legit. Phantom's need a playoff run.

I miss not seeing a #12 out there. No sure why. Feels like a sniper's number.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I wonder how it shapes up heading into next season?

Not sure how all the waivers ends up. Some guys may be stuck in the AHL for contract cap reason.

Guys who should be fighting for spots above in NHL. Forester, Desnoyers, Brink, Ginning and Lycksell. But as of now maybe.

Foerster - Desnoyers - Brink

Lycksell - Avon - Gendron

Willams? - Wisdom - Marody

Cates - Brooks - ?????

Andrea - Grans

Ginning - Samson

Millman - Zmolek

Belpedio????

Ersson

Petersen

Pertersen will be the guy to run the waiver wire when in need of a goalie ain't noone taking him.

It would be nice if Tuomaala would ever turn into anything of value however another RW.

He needs to give up Liiga and come over to the AHL and work on playing vs men.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:30 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Welcome to the Flyers newest prospect....he and Emil are the future both just 21 years old.

I figure they should have a very good year with the Phantoms next season.

They were also partners on the Swedish junior team. There's familiarity there. I think they're going to have done real success in the AHL this upcoming season.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:48 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Wonder if there is ever a chance he comes over???

:hocky:

I think there is. Briere tolled his contract. If he wasn't coming over, Briere could have let the contract expire. The fact he didn't is interesting. If Fedotov does come over, it completely changes the goaltending situation. This bears watching.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think there is. Briere tolled his contract. If he wasn't coming over, Briere could have let the contract expire. The fact he didn't is interesting. If Fedotov does come over, it completely changes the goaltending situation. This bears watching.

If Fedetov comes over, I think Hart is definitely gone. 

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder how it shapes up heading into next season?

Not sure how all the waivers ends up. Some guys may be stuck in the AHL for contract cap reason.

Guys who should be fighting for spots above in NHL. Forester, Desnoyers, Brink, Ginning and Lycksell. But as of now maybe.

Foerster - Desnoyers - Brink

Lycksell - Avon - Gendron

Willams? - Wisdom - Marody

Cates - Brooks - ?????

Andrea - Grans

Ginning - Samson

Millman - Zmolek

Belpedio????

Ersson

Petersen

Pertersen will be the guy to run the waiver wire when in need of a goalie ain't noone taking him.

It would be nice if Tuomaala would ever turn into anything of value however another RW.

He needs to give up Liiga and come over to the AHL and work on playing vs men.

This off-season should be very telling. If Konecny is moved and if Allison is traded, that frees up two spots on the right side. You'd have to think Foerster would be marked for one of those spots, Brink would be the other. 

As for the AHL club, Avon and Gendron are the real wildcards. It's possible that those two and Lycksell could be put on a line together, which could mean three lefties on the same line. I don't know if Avon plays center at the pro level. He seems really built for the left wing, similar to Laughton (Laughton was a center coming out of junior).

I could see Avon really taking off on the wing, especially when you know that his step dad is NHL Hall of Famer Steve Larmer. 

Of course, all of this is moot when you consider Puck Head is the head coach on Lehigh Valley. It's all check check check and no skill development.

On 6/21/2023 at 12:12 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

This off-season should be very telling. If Konecny is moved and if Allison is traded, that frees up two spots on the right side. You'd have to think Foerster would be marked for one of those spots, Brink would be the other. 

As for the AHL club, Avon and Gendron are the real wildcards. It's possible that those two and Lycksell could be put on a line together, which could mean three lefties on the same line. I don't know if Avon plays center at the pro level. He seems really built for the left wing, similar to Laughton (Laughton was a center coming out of junior).

I could see Avon really taking off on the wing, especially when you know that his step dad is NHL Hall of Famer Steve Larmer. 

Of course, all of this is moot when you consider Puck Head is the head coach on Lehigh Valley. It's all check check check and no skill development.

Avon scored some big timely Goals last year. Seems to have that "it" factor. Interested to see how he does in the A and if he can secure top 6 status. 

Seems like Forester is already tentatively ✏ in for the Flyers...but Brink and or Desnoyers can certainly force their hands with exceptional camps. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:10 PM, RonJeremy said:

If Fedetov comes over, I think Hart is definitely gone. 

jump the guy much? 😁

Seriously Fedotov is 25 and AFAIK has never played a day on North American ice. He’s big and reportedly has excellent movement but his game is hardly the only one thing he’ll need to adjust / adapt to pro hockey in the West. Russian guys have done it before so it’s not unprecedented or anything but it’s still a gigantic change in lifestyles. 

I get the feeling we’ll see Michkov before Fedotov. Only a feeling based on drips and drabs I’ve read, what they’ve said to the press about playing in North America. Michkov sounds 100% gung-ho to get started on an NHL career. Fedotov not so much.

18 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

jump the guy much? 😁

Seriously Fedotov is 25 and AFAIK has never played a day on North American ice. He’s big and reportedly has excellent movement but his game is hardly the only one thing he’ll need to adjust / adapt to pro hockey in the West. Russian guys have done it before so it’s not unprecedented or anything but it’s still a gigantic change in lifestyles. 

I get the feeling we’ll see Michkov before Fedotov. Only a feeling based on drips and drabs I’ve read, what they’ve said to the press about playing in North America. Michkov sounds 100% gung-ho to get started on an NHL career. Fedotov not so much.

Since we just traded for a goalie, drafted two goalies and management likes Ersson, Hart is as good as gone. Fedetov and Ersson could be our goalies. Fedetov was coming here until Putin sent him to Siberia.  It's actually a good idea to have an older goalie with international experience and a young goalie. He completed his military duty, so I guess he can come here now if the Flyers still want him.

I also think the Flyers are gonna try and get Mickov over here sooner than three years.  We are gonna need a Russian player to help him out when he does come over.

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Since we just traded for a goalie, drafted two goalies and management likes Ersson, Hart is as good as gone. Fedetov and Ersson could be our goalies. Fedetov was coming here until Putin sent him to Siberia.  It's actually a good idea to have an older goalie with international experience and a young goalie. He completed his military duty, so I guess he can come here now if the Flyers still want him.

I also think the Flyers are gonna try and get Mickov over here sooner than three years.  We are gonna need a Russian player to help him out when he does come over.

The goalie we traded for was sent down to the A along with his $5 million contract by the Kings after putting up abysmal numbers in the NHL. The other 4 have a grand total of 12 games NHL experience. 

If someone wants to blow us away with a trade proposal for Hart, I'm all in. Moving him for something like a 2nd rounder just for the sake of it makes zero sense.

I agree Philly should bring in a Russian before Michkov gets here. Hopefully a very mature one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The goalie we traded for was sent down to the A along with his $5 million contract by the Kings after putting up abysmal numbers in the NHL. The other 4 have a grand total of 12 games NHL experience. 

If someone wants to blow us away with a trade proposal for Hart, I'm all in. Moving him for something like a 2nd rounder just for the sake of it makes zero sense.

I agree Philly should bring in a Russian before Michkov gets here. Hopefully a very mature one.

Agreed, any move involving Hart HAS to be significant. I would stop just short of saying it has to be close to a fleecing. In other words, the GM on the other end of the phone must have a real need, not just a casual interest. With those conditions, Danny has the proper leverage needed to maximize the return on our most valuable asset. Anything short of that...just keep him...easy. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Agreed, any move involving Hart HAS to be significant. I would stop just short of saying it has to be close to a fleecing. In other words, the GM on the other end of the phone must have a real need, not just a casual interest. With those conditions, Danny has the proper leverage needed to maximize the return on our most valuable asset. Anything short of that...just keep him...easy.

I think this is hard needle to thread. 

Signing a goalie to a long-term deal has worked out...not often. We just celebrated Rick DiPietro day on Saturday.

Yet, every team needs at least a competent goaltender.

Teams don't want to give up draft capital or prospects for goalies, but they will pay them?

I don't think Daniel is going to see an offer that will induce a trade, I just don't think the league works like that with regard to goalies. 

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Bobrovsky says hello (a 2nd and two 4ths)

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think this is hard needle to thread. 

Signing a goalie to a long-term deal has worked out...not often. We just celebrated Rick DiPietro day on Saturday.

Yet, every team needs at least a competent goaltender.

Teams don't want to give up draft capital or prospects for goalies, but they will pay them?

I don't think Daniel is going to see an offer that will induce a trade, I just don't think the league works like that with regard to goalies. 

I think you need a few variables to make a favorable Hart trade a reality. 

1) A team with a win now window...where the GMs job is on the line.

2) A team with no sure fire #1 option in net. They may have respectable Goalies, but nothing that can get them over the hump. 

3) A team with a not so smart/desperate GM that can talk ownership into unconventional moves.

In other words...all roads lead to Edmonton and Holland 

Are the Oil willing to risk losing McDavid cause Skinner sucks??

Back up plan...LA. Any team giving Dubois that kinda money and term is dumb. Their Goalie situation is not settled...is Copley the answer....a bad month from him and the "missing piece" talks start....cause Talbot is not a playoff answer. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Bobrovsky says hello (a 2nd and two 4ths)

Sure, traded by an idiot who never valued goalies, so he could ink a lunatic to a lifetime contract.

Fletcher could have topped that though...he would have sent Bob, a 2nd and 2-4ths.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1