Hart Trophy

flyer4ever

Who is the blind deaf and dumb media voting member that picked Connor McDavid 5th on your Hart Trophy ballot? C'mon, show yourself. I want to be able to laugh out loud every time I see your name. How did you ever get credentialed ? Do you have naked pictures of the bobblehead comish? What a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Who is the blind deaf and dumb media voting member that picked Connor McDavid 5th on your Hart Trophy ballot? C'mon, show yourself. I want to be able to laugh out loud every time I see your name. How did you ever get credentialed ? Do you have naked pictures of the bobblehead comish? What a joke.

I haven't looked at this at all, but has the ballot been published?   Who were the four that were supposedly better?  Was Draisaitl one of them?   I wonder, too, if the thought was (wrongly) that McDavid had Draisaitl while whomever the other four were clearly dominated their team so were more "stand alone" MVPs.   I don't agree but could see this being a thought.

@ruxpin@Math

It was Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Tribune--Review. His top 5 were Pastrnak, Robertson, Sorokin, Tkachuk and then McDavid. Out of 196 voters who chose 97 in first, this dipsh|t doesn't even see him as 2nd, 3rd or even 4th. This is the kind of guy who should lose his voting privileges for being so wildly out of step with literally everybody else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gtNP8asXOBxMjRRrUssEhEroCX88_eD/view?pli=1

His Hart votes last year:

1. Kirill Kaprizov

2. Roman Josi

3. Igor Shesterkin

4. Jonathan Huberdeau

5. JT Miller

This year, he also gave Patrice Bergeon a 4th in Selke voting and Mikhail Sergachev Norris votes while leaving Erik Karlsson off completely.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Uggh... 1

Actually, Rorabaugh has some serious explaining to do. I kind of think he needs to lose his PHWA credentials. I'm not joking.

2018: he was the only voter (out of 164) to give William Karlsson a 1st place vote.
2019: he was one of two voters (out of 171) to give Johnny Gaudreau a 1st place vote.
2020: he was the only voter (out of 170) to vote for John Carlson in the top three (two more voters ranked him fifth).
2021: he was the only voter (out of 100) to vote for Jonathan Huberdeau (he gave him a 3rd place vote), and one of two voters to vote for Patrick Kane.
2022: he was one of two voters (out of 195) to give Kirill Kaprizov a 1st place vote; and he was the only person to vote for JT Miller.

He also pretty clearly has a thing about the consensus #1 player in the world:

2018: he didn't include McDavid (who was named on 79 ballots).
2019: he didn't include McDavid (who was named on 110 ballots).
2020: he didn't include McDavid (who was named on 96 ballots).
2022: he didn't include McDavid (who was named on 190 ballots).
2023: he was the only voter (out of 196) who didn't give McDavid a first place vote.

It's just one edgelord vote after another, for years now.

• Like 1