2023 NHL Draft: Live Draft Thread Discussion

pilldoc

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Those are big moves that will happen in the offseason. Free agency starts on Saturday, so we should see things start off with a bang. 

I just figured they would be moved for players/picks in this years draft...even the Debrincat thing fizzled.

41 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

No Hellebuck or Gibson trade, kind of dissapointing.

I think ANY Gibson trade will be underwhelming for the receiving team anyways.....could be a big deal for the Verbeek and the Ducks though. If they can land any kind of decent talent or prospects for a highly paid ambulance case, they would do well!

Hellebuyck is the REAL star of this show!
Whomever gets him, depending on the rest of the roster, could be an instant SC contender.....but that is going to cost a crap-ton to acquire, and thus after free agency begins (the official offseason for everyone) is likely the best place for that barn burner to take place!

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Those are big moves that will happen in the offseason. Free agency starts on Saturday, so we should see things start off with a bang. 

Agreed in Hellebuyck's case....not so much in Gibson's.

No doubt it likely happens with Gibson after free agency starts, but all that means is, someone's gonna get fleeced by the Ducks! :bigteeth: 

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

No doubt it likely happens with Gibson after free agency starts, but all that means is, someone's gonna get fleeced by the Ducks! :bigteeth: 

Yep. Someone is going to think that Gibson will be revived by a move to a winning franchise. Fact is, he's been losing for so long and he's faced so much rubber that I think the man is tainted now.

That gives me hope that is Gibson goes for a relatively high price, someone will bite on Carter Hart's potential and will give up a goldmine for him. Of course that could ask change depending on what happens with hockey Canada's investigation into the assault that happened in London.

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yep. Someone is going to think that Gibson will be revived by a move to a winning franchise. Fact is, he's been losing for so long and he's faced so much rubber that I think the man is tainted now.

That gives me hope that is Gibson goes for a relatively high price, someone will bite on Carter Hart's potential and will give up a goldmine for him. Of course that could ask change depending on what happens with hockey Canada's investigation into the assault that happened in London.

Sad thing is, despite all the losing he has done in Anaheim, Gibson can be really good....when healthy.
But, as you know, that is the problem: No matter how good he is, if he can't stay healthy, he may as well be Alex Stalock or Michael Leighton to a team.

But, if someone really does give a good haul for him in the hopes the change in scenery miraculously cures what ails him, you are right, it could mean a gargantuan sizeable return for Hart should the Philly Phlyers decide to trade him, based on the value to the receiving team alone vs. Gibson.

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Seems Hellboy gets moved first in my eyes.

Minnesota Wild draft Rasmus Kumpulainen, a big center, with their 4th round pick.

Now, I'm not up on my Finnish, but if Rasmus RISTO-lainen means all brawn hitting and no brain, I am hoping Rasmus KUMPU-lainen means the opposite and this guy actually THINKS on the ice! :shifty: 

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

I just figured they would be moved for players/picks in this years draft...even the Debrincat thing fizzled.

I watched the draft last night and the panel was asked about the lack of moves and I think it was Jeff Marek who said that the draft was so deep this year that nobody wanted to move their picks and those who did were looking for ways to trade back into the first. Briere also mentioned that he was looking to move up initially but the cost was so high that he stayed. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16