Flyers Sign Cates and York to 2-Year Deals

Howie58

Greetings:

Well, we've avoided arbitration on Cates and locked some promising puppies up for two years:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/07/philadelphia-flyers-sign-cam-york.html

Time may say we should have gone for longer term/AAV to lock in at lower cost, but these will work and give incentive to improve.

I like it.

If they play well then they should get 5 year deals.

By the end of the 5 year deals they'll be 31 and 29 respectively then we'll see what happens next...I'm not handing out any 8 year deals.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 1:58 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I like it.

If they play well then they should get 5 year deals.

By the end of the 5 year deals they'll be 31 and 29 respectively then we'll see what happens next...I'm not handing out any 8 year deals.

What happens next? At 31 and 29 they will be too old to play in Philly :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

What happens next? At 31 and 29 they will be too old to play in Philly :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Could be or they become the "vets" needed for a playoff run for the Flyers for another club but at that regardless you want have say damn we got 3 more years of them and all that noise.

Worse case then they are ready for a promotion to the front office. :hehe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

If we still suck bad they are perfect deadline players to trade for future assets. If they are good and we are better then they're not too old for reasonable 4-5 year deals. I can't see a problem. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

If we still suck bad they are perfect deadline players to trade for future assets. If they are good and we are better then they're not too old for reasonable 4-5 year deals. I can't see a problem. 

I agree with you completely. I was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think if they can find this kid a solid partner he can be really good here for a long time.

Love the way be played this play. 

GIF of York stopping a Pens 3-on-2

I wish i would see more plays like this from Sanheim and i'd be a little more happy with his lack of offense i think.

At least be strong around your net.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:11 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I think if they can find this kid a solid partner he can be really good here for a long time.

Love the way be played this play. 

GIF of York stopping a Pens 3-on-2

I wish i would see more plays like this from Sanheim and i'd be a little more happy with his lack of offense i think.

At least be strong around your net.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I recall there being equal enthusiasm for Procy, Sanheim and Myers

Flyers seems to be really efficient at having great defensive e prospects that schit the bed in the NHL

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Forgive me for being skeptical, but I recall there being equal enthusiasm for Procy, Sanheim and Myers

Flyers seems to be really efficient at having great defensive e prospects that schit the bed in the NHL

Well as with a new front office...i won't speak of the past. Only look forward to the future. As of now i have hope for York.

Nothing more...will he rise to the occasion?? We are going to see....with all of them honestly.