Wild vs Sabres; Friday 11/10/23; 6 p.m. CT; KeyBank Center Arena

Alexandron

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

3 Stanley Cups doesn't mean much then? :P

He cost the Pens 1 division title, 1 conference championship and at least 4 trips to the Stanley Cup Finals! 

I thank the defense for bailing him out when he made a bad decision. Which,by the way, were to many to count. 

Just now, notfondajane said:

He cost the Pens 1 division title, 1 conference championship and at least 4 trips to the Stanley Cup Finals! 

I thank the defense for bailing him out when he made a bad decision. Which,by the way, were to many to count. 

When they won thise 3 Cups! 

According to Natural Stat-trick the Wild out scoring chanced Buffalo 51-19.  We scored twice on the power play and went 4-for-4 on the PK; that should result in a Wild victory...but it didn't.  Kaprizov is going to continue to struggle if he's going to stay to the perimeter and take the majority of his shots from there.  

I thought Eriksson Ek was good, I thought defensively we were a lot better.  Boldy was mostly MIA and he needs to pick up his game as much as Kaprizov does IMO.  

I thought Gustavsson was ok, not great...but not as bad as most of his starts were previous to last night.  But it won't get any easier against Dallas on Sunday.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I agree. It was much better game for us, which we should win. Disappointing loss. I was listening that game during my driving to Litchfield. It seems we made 35 shots vs their 25 and had 2 PP goals. The most active was the line Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello which was able to produce almost 50% of shots (15) towards opponent net and had 4 points (1 goal;3 assists). The other lines were not as active. I agree. Kaprizov should stay closer to the net. Closer to the blue line should stay nice shooting defensemen capable to protect the puck better and have a nice strong shot during our attacks. I do not know who could be this defenseman? Maybe Brodin or Faber? But both had mistakes too. I think to look better in our standings well, we need lots of ugly and deflected goals too, which we do not see yet.

Congrats to EEK for his 100th goal!

Not sure about the game on Sunday against Dallas. Too tough team to play against. It seems they are playing tonight against Winnipeg. Hope they will be tired enough to play against us well.

Edited by Alexandron

13 hours ago, notfondajane said:

But we had in our history only 1 Division title, zero Conference title , zero trips to Stanley Cup finals. But he won 3 out of 7. I am still happy that he  at his age is making our history. No doubt that he will win his 6 wins with our club and be a 2nd goalie in entire NHL history in winning games. Sadly that he will not do this before his birthday on November 28, but hopefully before the end of this year. We badly need his wins as well Gustavsson wins too. We need lots of steal games to improve our standing position.

14 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Fair enough since you saw more of him being a Pens fan. :)
I can't believe tho it's ALL his fault given the loaded talent on the teams all those years. Still a team game.
If it was, Then why did you keep him?
I'd still be happy with about 33% in 9 years or so raising the Cup. 

Edited by ClusterChuck