Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars 1/10/24 6:30 pm central TNT coverage

Tomdog

8 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

zane mac should have been the sacrificial lamb for this game ...billy g is a drunk I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

Jesper gets thrown into the fire for sure and maybe only gets 1-2 more games before Gus returns?
Good to get some big time ice I guess.

• Uggh... 1

8 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Wild with the second half of a home and home, playing the 1st game in a back to back senario.

My bad they don’t play until Friday night.

With the way this game is going have to look for the positive 

I didn't think he was awful,  but as ClusterChuck pointed out he was a little deep in his net.

Most of the goals were shots from prime scoring areas.

This game kind of stopped be competitive at about the 10 minute mark of the first period. 

It looked like one of those preseason games where the winning team sends out all A squad players against the other teams B squad. 

Wallstedt had a bit of a rough start and you could feel his nervosity. A couple of bad bounces -- bad luck too -- but he wasn't really helped either. The first puck he let in allowed (the disallowed Robertson one) was a bad one and surely didn't help his confidence but it went better with time. 

I agree with the game itself. Looked like a preseason game with no risks, no emotions, pretty dull in fact. Now, I deeply wish Marc-André Fleury to go past Roy and get his 552nd career win.

12 hours ago, Tomdog said:

There's the extra point for the touchdown. 

Will this be enough for Billy G to realize they are not a playoff team?

No. Because they are technically only 5 points out of a wild card spot. 

Using GMBG logic that is just three wins. It doesn't take into account that other teams above the Wild will just stop winning.

And it doesn't matter if they are going to miss the playoffs because GMBG tied up every trade chip the team had, so there will be no trades at the deadline. It will be the same team next year, with players a year older. So we can probably count on Foligno, Gadreau, Zuccarello, Johansson, and Spurgeon getting slower and more injury prone, Gologoski and Merrill continuing to get ice time because they are cheap, Kaprizov getting hurt while playing the Jets and the Wild doing nothing about it, and the power play continuing to be as toothless. But the Wild are not going to rebuild. Because Playoffs...