Wild vs Flyers; Friday 01/12/24; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Both had the perfect hold so nothing really could happen.

Maroon looked like he purposely turned his back at the end then fell just to end things.

The irony is, Maroon may still provide some use to Minnesota as the game wears on....whereas for Deslauriers, that was the highlight of his 5-6 minutes per game day :shifty: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure if it's because the Wild haven't given us fans much to choose from with regards to upside, but seems to me Brock Faber just keeps getting better and better.

Not only is his GAF Meter pretty high, but he seems to know when to jump into an offensive situation and when he is most needed on defense...then comes up with good plays to disrupt the other team.

Again...this may look better than what it really is because the Wild are a barren wasteland of highlights right now, but I hope it is a sign of things he can do, and things that will be even BETTER once Minnesota gets their full compliment of players back....and beyond this year and next, what he can do with other skilled players around him.

• Like 1

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not sure if it's because the Wild haven't given us fans much to choose from with regards to upside, but seems to me Brock Faber just keeps getting better and better.

Not only is his GAF Meter pretty high, but he seems to know when to jump into an offensive situation and when he is most needed on defense...then comes up with good plays to disrupt the other team.

Again...this may look better than what it really is because the Wild are a barren wasteland of highlights right now, but I hope it is a sign of things he can do, and things that will be even BETTER once Minnesota gets their full compliment of players back....and beyond this year and next, what he can do with other skilled players around him.

Just having Brodin back would take a lot of pressure off him.

• Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Just having Brodin back would take a lot of pressure off him.

Agreed.
Brodin never seems to have the 'sexy numbers', but he is the type of player that does lots of things that don't show up on the stat sheets....and the kind of player you take for granted, until he isn't there to do what he does.

17 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Both had the perfect hold so nothing really could happen.

So a big nothing even fight? (I'm not watching, wife hijacked the tv)

Awkward penalty for an awkward change, as Anthony LaPanta put it....

This is just frustrating.
I'd actually be ok with the other team driving the play and forcing the Wild into taking penalties to prevent clean shots.... but these self inflicted crap ones?
No. Not at all.

Bogosian is pretty nasty laying the hurt on a skater thinking he is gonna waltz into the zone, but he scares the beejezus out of me handling the puck, particularly right behind Fleury like that.
Just feels like he is gonna cough it up at any time in front of his own goal.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Zuccarello one on one with Carter Hart, couldn't beat him...
Guess it's time to go back to talking about Faber.. :rolleyes: 

He moved himself in too close.

Instead of predicting game scores, I might just switch to Wild goals. Set the over/under at 2. 😇