Jackets hot all of a sudden

Guest Miller Time

All of a sudden the Blue Jackets are beating some good teams. I have to go look it up but I believe they have won three straight? What is going on? I do see them here and there on Center Ice and am impressed with their fans and their support of the team. Sooner or later it will pay dividends and they will make the playoffs one of these years. I am thinking Nash is going to stay put?

• 2 weeks later...

@jammer2

so expect them to go back to sucking.

Nope, alas the answer to Mason's struggles. He never knew he could wear form fitted goalie pads. UNBELIEVABLE, the equipment manager of the Blue Jackets should be fired, immediately.

Before the 2010-11 season, the NHL and its competition committee agreed to having all goalie equipment form-fitted to the size of each netminder. That information never got to the 6-foot-4 Mason. No, really, it didn't. Everything he was wearing was undersized by NHL regulations.
"I never knew I could," Mason said. "If I knew, I would have done it three years ago. I guess I was a little out of the loop on that kind of stuff. But we'll make it work now."

crazy eh?

@hf101

What does the equipment have to do with it? He did not have form fitting equipment when he was excellent his rookie season and has been on a downward spiral since. Why was he spectacular that year with the same equipment he essentially since and has sucked since.

No tongue in cheek- serious question.