Wild vs Avalanche; Tuesday 04/09/24; 8:30 PM; Ball Arena

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Mac-Hattie.😏

He merit this. 

But Gustavsson should be a backup goalie. After the season 2023-2024. I lost a trust in him this season.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alexandron said:

He merit this. 

But Gustavsson should be a backup goalie. After the season 2023-2024. I lost a trust in him this season.

If we want Fleury back to mentor Wallstedt, Gus would be the odd man out. Can't really keep him then.
He had a great season that happened to coincidentaly be a contract year. Funny how that happens.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

With the Wild's cap issues,  if Fleury will sign a 1 year deal for the minimum,  which he hinted at, the Wild should trade Gus and play Wall and Flower.

Take the spare Gus money and get a right handed forward.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

With the Wild's cap issues,  if Fleury will sign a 1 year deal for the minimum,  which he hinted at, the Wild should trade Gus and play Wall and Flower.

Take the spare Gus money and get a right handed forward.

right shot anything any position ..fathers have to start handing the milk bottle to the right hand of their youngsters 

16 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

That was amazing. Speed kills 

That's what a number 1 overall pick gets you.

Hard to get that picking number 14.

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

If we want Fleury back to mentor Wallstedt, Gus would be the odd man out. Can't really keep him then.
He had a great season that happened to coincidentally be a contract year. Funny how that happens.

I agree. I was driving back home from work and was listening media about different nails in the Wild's coffin. Mainly they were talking the same things as we discussed here. What was interesting that they mentioned that some players playing exclusively for the contract during their career, and after that they drop their interest to play in full. Some other players playing for to get achievements in their careers and playing very hard for that. And they really do not care much about their contract. The most difficult part for GM is to find those real players. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I agree. I was driving back home from work and was listening media about different nails in the Wild's coffin. Mainly they were talking the same things as we discussed here. What was interesting that they mentioned that some players playing exclusively for the contract during their career, and after that they drop their interest to play in full. Some other players playing for to get achievements in their careers and playing very hard for that. And they really do not care much about their contract. The most difficult part for GM is to find those real players. 

That's just natural tho. Secure financial security. Then there seems to be the post contract hangover so often. Maybe Gus would bounce back next year but can you take that chance?
Remember Dumba? Big season =Crazy contract and never came close to replicating that season.

• Like 1