WEST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (WC1) Nashville Predators at (P1) Vancouver Canucks (VAN Wins 4-2)

Predators at Canucks  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Real Contender Please Stand Up....

• Preds in 4... Wow. Just wow. Really Nashville? And you were gonna trade Juuse??
    • Preds in 5... NSH sends VAN back to the drawing board.
    • Preds in 6... Competitive series that still sees the Canucks missing....something...
    • Preds in 7... Neither was supposed to make it here this soon, but NSH makes sure they get a fresh set of downs (yes, that was an NFL reference!)
    • Canucks in 4... Preds are worn out, burnt out, tired out, and now, just plain OUT
    • Canucks in 5... With or without Demko, VAN shows they are Pacific Champions for a reason. Go home, Preds...
    • Canucks in 6... Well now, turned into a pretty good set. But VAN still shows the Preds the door.
    • Canucks in 7... VAN is sure glad they got home ice....it suited them. Round 2 here they come!

Canucks look like their sputtering out there in Game 6.

I know not having Thatcher Demko sucks for them, but their issues on the ice don't seem to have so much to do with goaltending as it is overall team temperature.
The Canucks squad just looks all kinds of....lost, for lack of a better term out there.

Taking ill advised penalties, not pressuring when they should, falling back a bit too quickly, then when they do decide to attack, leave holes that Nashville can exploit.
Granted, I don't believe the Predators are world beaters....just a team that is "good", and having had a good run this season and into the playoffs.
But even if the Canucks finally finish off this series, unless they changed their mindsets and on ice performance, the Oilers are gonna murder them...

This is absolutely one of the worst games I've seen this season. I would love to say that some awesome offense was being negated by better defense, but that would make me a filthy liar. This is straight up terrible to watch.

6 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

This is absolutely one of the worst games I've seen this season. I would love to say that some awesome offense was being negated by better defense, but that would make me a filthy liar. This is straight up terrible to watch.

One of the TNT analysts said it best I think... "Both teams playing like they are afraid to lose"

While terrible, I think this may favor the Predators as the Canucks are being looked at as the team that "should" win.
Things stay mucked up as they are, I can see the Preds forcing their way to a Game 7.

Neither will be able to stand up to the Oilers if this is the way they are going to handle business

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to WEST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (WC1) Nashville Predators at (P1) Vancouver Canucks (VAN Wins 4-2)
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 unpinned this topic

-Dreadful game.

-The travel for Western teams is bad enough, so I'll happily take the much shorter distance to Vancouver.

-Neither the Canucks or Preds played well at all in the first round.

If the Canucks play the way they did through this series, the Oilers will beat them in 4 or 5. Vancouver had better kick into a higher gear..FAST.

9 hours ago, FD19372 said:

If the Canucks play the way they did through this series, the Oilers will beat them in 4 or 5. Vancouver had better kick into a higher gear..FAST.

I think they'll be able to handle Edmonton...VANCITY in 5📢

• Like 1