Schenn/Couts for Richards/Carter straight up?

Guest bullies

What's up everyone

Nittanyflyer from Philly.com here- too pumped to sleep after that game

Seeing what we've seen this year would you consider a Schenn/Couts for Richards/Carter trade straight up?(basically same trade no Simmonds or voracek) I know a lot of you are probably going to disagree, but I think I would take that trade.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of simmer and jake, this is purely for the sake of argument

Anyway... Thoughts?

@bullies

Wait, are you asking if I'd take Carter and Richards back for Couts and Schenn? Not a chance. Couts is a pure hockey player, at 19, I can't imagine what kind of player he'll be at 25. And we're just now getting a taste of what Schenn has to offer. Nope, not a chance I give either of those guys up.

@sarsippius,

he meant back when we traded richards for simmonds and schenn, and carter for vChezk and couts, if we only got schenn and couts back for richie and carter.

not to go all political, but man i would vote for holmgren 2012 president. what an awesome GM he's been.

@bullies

Knowing what I know now, I would say yes. However, last summer I thought that we were fleeced on the Richards trade. How my opinion has quickly changed.

At the end of the day I would have [and still will do] the Carter trade all day long. The Richards trade is a tough one still. Granted Schenn and Simmonds have played very well and have proven their worth, I just think this team is lacking the intangibles that Richards brings to the table.

Ok, I am all over the place. Long/short: yes I would do that trade knowing what I know now.

And Holmgren had to have Couturier fall to us and actually select him. It must have been tempting with Dougie Hamilton (a big swift skating point producer) sitting right there for the taking. (my Colts are 2 wins away from a meeting with his juggernaut of a team) but Couturier should have never dropped that far.

If I was offered Couturier for Carter straight up last draft, I might have taken it. I wanted Schenn (funny enough) or Johanson for him.