Matt Carle

Guest touche22

You pay attention. The coaching staff (and many on this board) disagree with you! If he sucs as bad as you say he does, he wouldn't be out there!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!Funniest thing i've read on here in days!!!!!!!!!

Edit:Guess the same can be said for Bryz too HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by OccamsRazor

Look it's simple i don't like him i don't want to argue back n forth we just don't agree, but let me make this clear if Carle plays good tonight and contributes in a BIG WAY i'll be the first one on here standing in line for my serving of CROW!!!

I just want the Flyers to win!

He's also not the only one i'm NOT happy with their play he is my whipping boy and i'm not changing till he gives me a reason too. :D

Edited by OccamsRazor

Carle is a top 4 defenseman, they don't just grow on trees. He doesn't get enough credit for his mostly steady play.....but I will concede this: when he makes a mistake it never seems to be a little one, it's some horrible looking blunder that ends up with a scoring chance the other way. I understand this magnifies his faults, but an objective assessment can't be based solely on the bad highlight reel ****.

Carle is a top 4 defenseman, they don't just grow on trees. He doesn't get enough credit for his mostly steady play.....but I will concede this: when he makes a mistake it never seems to be a little one, it's some horrible looking blunder that ends up with a scoring chance the other way. I understand this magnifies his faults, but an objective assessment can't be based solely on the bad highlight reel ****.

Thanks Sars maybe this is just what REALLY gets under my skin is yes when he does make a mistake it usually ends up in the back of our net.

Now is it fair?

No.

But is just how i feel.

I would love for him to channel Scott Neidemeyer (sp) but that ain't happening i would be happy if he just played up to his POTENTIAL for 60 minutes...that is all.

Like i said he is not ALONE there are a few that need to pick up their game and that starts with BRYZ!!!

To Bryz try to play like if they were picking teams that you wouldn't be the last goaltender chosen, some just chosing to skate with an extra forward and having an empty instead of picking HIM!!

There is no way he should make more than Coby somewhere between what he's making now and what Coby resigned for...no more

i agree with this. but that's not how it will shake down... i'm sure.

Even I was yelling at Carel tonight. He got lucky on the shot, and then he got beat like a rented mule. If only he was Canadian. He'd be tougher.

"Carle was just not working hard enough"

-CBC tonight on another weak effort by the giveaway machine

Even I was yelling at Carel tonight. He got lucky on the shot, and then he got beat like a rented mule. If only he was Canadian. He'd be tougher.

"Carle was just not working hard enough"

-CBC tonight on another weak effort by the giveaway machine

And here I was sticking up for him.....

Soft as my 1 year old turds in her diaper, sad i have no explanation.........Bryz's fault sounds GOOD to me he is making 10 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You keep saying he is nowhere near as good whithout Pronger. Really? How do you explain the fact that he led the entire team in Time On Ice in the regular season by a full minute per game?

Considering our goals against this year was one of the worst in the league, I don't see this as an argument in favor. Yes other factors play into that as well, but perhaps one of the reasons we can't get a goaltender to perform all these years, is the make up of our D, and the way they go about beginning the breakout. Icetime does not, a good defenceman make:)

I want Carle to do well, I root for him to do well, but you watch a game and - SonofaBitch, it happens again and again. He can be on our team, but, the other personel need to change. The mix is just not right.

And please don't try to argue that he is a more effective player without Pronger, its simply not true.

HAHAHA couldn't help my self...

Beach Patrol from Silly.com

..."What in the name of hell does Lavy and the Flyers organization see in this guy? I just saw some article about how the Flyers are gonna do everything they can to re-sign him. WHY!?!??!!?

This guy has been absolutely HORRIBLE this entire post season. When he isn't providing ###ists for the other team in the form of horrible D zone turnovers, he's failing to keep the puck in the zone in our (few) decent posessions. Yet for all these mistakes, which are becoming more and more apparent, this #### moron leads the team in ice time. When the hell is it going to be time for this guy to be held accountable for his mistakes? He is a god damn liability every time he is out on the ice. Does he have something that he can blackmail the coaches and organization with, because other than that, I have no idea why his #### isn't on the bench"

Edit: Saves me the time...

Edited by OccamsRazor

Icetime does not, a good defenceman make:)

Agree 100%. But the lesser d-men don't get that ice time.

Here is the problem as I see it. People only see what they want to see. When you're watching a game on TV, you only see that 10 ft sq piece of ice and what is going on in it. They base all their judgments on what they see in that little piece of ice. Tunnel vision. And not very objective tunnel vision, either. Most times, they only see the end result and either don't understand or don't care why/how it happened. They just want to crucify someone.

The coaching staff sees everything that happens. They have coaches upstairs and they have the benifit of video. They see the players in practice. They know who fits the system they're playing and who deserves to be on the ice. Through all of this evaluaion, they know who thethe team's better players are and said players end up with more ice time.

they know who thethe team's better players are and said players end up with more ice time.

There's no doubt, and believe me I'm not trying to argue where he ranks on the depth charts, and I fully get that he is a good player. I'm questioning his role on the team, which to me seems to illuminate his minuses. Other players might excel in this role if given more time and development.

Remember, Giroux would've ranked 3rd on our depth chart at center last year. I guess I'm just worn on him, much as I am with Bryz, hoping for change but doubtful it will come.