Question Re. Rookies Playing

Guest 34thandPearl

Me too 34thandPearl. It is nice that Cooter, Read, Rinaldo, Gus, and Harry Z are not just mear call ups and will probably have a place with this team for years to come. And to think we haven't even seen what Schenn can do. It's amazing the talent level of this team.

This is a good thing being that they will grow as a core (much like the 06-07 Phillies did) and two they are dirt cheap compared to some of the high $$ contracts we have.

I have a feeling that a big name will be moved this year to compensate for their D issues. My take is that if they are buyers by the deadline one of our rookies and a high $$ contract will be moved for some much needed defensive help.

Oh and from what I counted Edmonton is starting 4 rookies.

Edited by Bertmega

Nashville has Blake Geffrion, Craig Smith,John Blum, Matt Halischuk.....and a few more that are only second year players. As far as young talent logging ice time, i would say they are about as close as any other team for fielding the same youth.

Thanks. Whatever happens this season, I am very optimistic about the future of this team. The youth movement Homer pulled off is really quite impressive.

Sheesh, can you guys stop it with the hot avatars? I'm not supposed to be turned on when I'm talking to you dudes.

Unless, of course, that's a self-portrait, in which case, carry on ;)

Sheesh, can you guys stop it with the hot avatars? I'm not supposed to be turned on when I'm talking to you dudes.

Unless, of course, that's a self-portrait, in which case, carry on ;)

would you prefer our true pictures fat bald hairy back men. or would you rather look at that sweet tushy in my avatar

Here is a link. I just did a filter on all teams + rookies and then sorted by games played. There are 82 rookies that have played this year. You can do different sorts (unfortunately not a team sort, but you can go look team by team or games played). Or just go team by team in the filter drop down (very cumbersome).

You could also cut and paste each page (3 pages) into a spread sheet and then sort by team and you would have your answer (probably the easiest thing to do).

http://www.nhl.com/i...d=nav-sts-indiv

Edited by Vanflyer