Should Sabres Ask Miller To Waive?

Guest Canadian Sabres

With all the rumors last year near trade deadline of MIller possibly going to the Hawks in a one for one deal for star stud Patrick Kane gets me thinking, should we really trade Ryan Miller? Should Ryan Millers tenure in Buffalo be over?

Miller has stated last year amidst of the rumours that he will die by the Sabres blade before giving up on the team.

Miller does currently have a no trade/no movement clause but entering his last few years at his 6.25mil contract, it might be time to move on despite if Miller wants to stay or not

I mean if a team really wants him in any deal that the Sabres are currently trying to make to gain a real good player to help improve our team, shouldn't they give it a shot and just ask?

I'm sure Miller would understand if helps to better or team, Miller hasn't had the greatest of seasons since his Vezina trophy year in 2010

I personally dont want Miller to leave and I think this will be his year to shut up the critics who criticize him as a goalie who lets in softies..

But if the price is right you cant help but be tempted

With all the rumors last year near trade deadline of MIller possibly going to the Hawks in a one for one deal for star stud Patrick Kane gets me thinking, should we really trade Ryan Miller? Should Ryan Millers tenure in Buffalo be over?

If you can get a good return on him and really improve the team then I would say yes. Enroth has shown that he is a more than capable goalie and given a chance, I think he would shine. If you are going to move Miller, who are you thinking for ?Nash ? Just curious.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last thing Buffalo needs is Patrick Kane and the last thing Patrick Kane needs is Buffalo.

Later in the career, with more maturity, maybe.

I like Miller and think he's a goalie to build a franchise upon. He has a commitment to Buffalo and that should mean something.

I've always said you deal anybody for the right move. Ryan and Hiller? Sure. But there's NFW Anaheim pulls that trigger. What else is going? (I also don't think Anaheim moves Hiller).

Miller has stated last year amidst of the rumours that he will die by the Sabres blade before giving up on the team.

The question is do the Sabres feel the same way?? I think Miller is WAY overrated. He had one great year and everything since has been mediocre.

With all the rumors last year near trade deadline of MIller possibly going to the Hawks in a one for one deal for star stud Patrick Kane

I just threw-up in my mouth a little. Kane is a very good player, but I don't put him in star stud category.

I'm curious to see the return the Nucks get for Luongo. I would move Miller IF I get a top forward and another serviceable goalie in return. For example throwing miller in a trade the sends ryan and hiller back this way.

Define top forward? You mean like first line forward? If so, that is not going to happen for either Luongo or Miller. On the Luongo side, the 10 years left on his contract is a detractor. Add into it the fact that he is on the "outs" pubicly puts Vancouver in a position of weakness bargaining wise. I think what you will see is a #1 and a prospect.

On Miller, I think it is the opposite. He has two years left on his contract and his cap hit is huge. I think miller is a serviceable NHL goalie, but I do not put him in the stud category. So, the fact his cap hit is so huge and he is an average goalie, I give you the same (a #1 and a prospect).

Define top forward? You mean like first line forward? If so, that is not going to happen for either Luongo or Miller. On the Luongo side, the 10 years left on his contract is a detractor. Add into it the fact that he is on the "outs" pubicly puts Vancouver in a position of weakness bargaining wise. I think what you will see is a #1 and a prospect.

On Miller, I think it is the opposite. He has two years left on his contract and his cap hit is huge. I think miller is a serviceable NHL goalie, but I do not put him in the stud category. So, the fact his cap hit is so huge and he is an average goalie, I give you the same (a #1 and a prospect).

By top forward I meant more along the prospect side. The value of goalies in the NHL today is at an all time low. Top goaltenders and mid level goaltenders have very little difference. Is their a big difference between Miller and Hiller? Miller and Pavlec? Bobrovsky and Mason? You can almost do that with anyone, their are no non serviceable goalies anymore. I rather just hang onto Miller and know that he can run off a 20 game lights out streak at any time.

I rather just hang onto Miller and know that he can run off a 20 game lights out streak at any time.

I agree with everything you said. He can also run off a 20 game piss poor play streak anytime as well.

I was thinking of trading him back to Michigan I was thinking along the lines of getting Jimmy Howard from the Wings but don't know if they would be willing to give him up. Howard's on a last year 2.25 contract I believe and will probably have a career year this season to get a new contract . But a #1 and prospect from Detriot would be sweet considering how they develop players

Edited by Canadian Sabres

I would trade Miller for Bryz and 3 first round picks. I like Miller's "average" WAY better than Bryz...........

• 4 weeks later...