Holmgren: "I like our team..."

rickmac19

He is young. Jack Johnson played some of his best hockey of his NHL career after going to Columbus. Schenn is a better hitter than Johnson. Schenn is 3 years younger than Johnson. As a Flyers fan AND hockey fan, I am hoping both (Schenn / JVR) reach their promised ceilings.

Me too! Except against my Pens! Lol

Me too! Except against my Pens! Lol

There is another thread regarding Columbus to the East. That would not bode well for Crosby- assuming Columbus would be in the same division. Pitts would have to face Philly 8 times AND Columbus 8 times. With the injuries to Philly, you could possibly see Schenn going against Crosby. With Columbus, it would be a definite as he is their first line guy with Wisniewski.

There is another thread regarding Columbus to the East. That would not bode well for Crosby- assuming Columbus would be in the same division. Pitts would have to face Philly 8 times AND Columbus 8 times. With the injuries to Philly, you could possibly see Schenn going against Crosby. With Columbus, it would be a definite as he is their first line guy with Wisniewski.

I don't think it matters who the defensemen are Crosby goes against. He has the talent that when he's focused, nobody can keep him off the scoresheet. I worry more about who he loses focus against than who he skates against. The man has the talent to burn anybody in the league... it's whether his head is in the game or not that matters.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

I think he may have meant the physicality Schenn brings. You don't want Crosby getting hit by guys like that. On the other hand, I don't look forward to Schenn trying to cover him. I'd prefer Timonen thanks.

I understand that but don't worry about that either. Crosby is rarely in a position to get hit real solid cleanly. Neither Schenn or Timonen have the wheels for him, and any contact Schenn would make would most likely be angled or glancing. Timonen is more positional than physical. But either way Crosby can either take it or not. If not it won't matter what team is doing the hitting.

All I'm saying is Crosby is less likely to get concussed going into a corner with say Timonen than he would against a Schenn-sized player who also hits like him.

Oh yeah definitely agree with you there. Corners are tight no matter who you are, and Crosby doesn't shy away so he's going to get hit by those guys for sure. And agree some hit harder than others!