STH Message from the Flyers re: lockout

Guest sarsippius

Owners are pretty friggin selfish. Won't refund people's money but won't let the players play hockey while demanding a huge rollback in salaries but are SOOOO generous to give a 3% interest. What is this? The Bank Of The Hurricanes? Do they have free checking and debit cards for their fans?

@sarsippius

Then there is the Predators organization......not stating any interest % :P

As of today, the NHL and NHLPA have been unable to reach terms on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (“CBA”). The NHL season will not commence until the parties agree upon a successor CBA. The National Hockey League has been, and remains, committed to negotiating around the clock to reach a new agreement that will allow for long-term success and growth for the game we all love.

Currently, we are constructing a plan that will protect and reward our most loyal fans, our Season Ticket Holders. In the hope of a quick resolution, you will be receiving your season ticket packages later this week. Additionally, we will freeze all season ticket payments until a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is signed between the NHL and NHLPA. We will update you on the CBA negotiations as appropriate developments occur. Please visit nashvillepredators.com for other news regarding the Predators and Bridgestone Arena.

When the NHL season commences, your Nashville Predators are well-positioned to compete for the Stanley Cup. Our cornerstone players, Shea Weber and Pekka Rinne, are locked up for years to come while this off-season we also re-signed core veterans Hal Gill, Paul Gaustad, Sergei Kostitsyn and Mike Fisher. Veteran free agent defenseman Scott Hannan was also brought in to round out the defensive core and the maturation of future stars like Colin Wilson, Craig Smith, Ryan Ellis and Roman Josi helps create a foundation for long-term success.

We look forward to continuing to focus on our mission: building and working toward a Stanley Cup-winning Nashville Predators team as the centerpiece of Bridgestone Arena. Once a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place, we are prepared to contend for the Stanley Cup on an annual basis with a team anchored by one of the top goaltenders and top defensemen in the game.

Thank you for your support and we can't wait for the 2012-13 season to start.

Jeff Cogen Sean Henry

Last time, since the CBA ended before they started collecting money, there were no payments due. It is an interesting ploy by the owners, I guess, to show something to the fans.

That said, I'm not feeling too bad yet about not renewing after last season. If anything, this should at least stop the calls still trying to bring me back...

http://info.comcast-spectacor.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=494d3de1dd4f4de0d4

Tried to cut and paste but it didn't work for some reason....nothing major, just sharing this depressing email that came this morning....#@*&%##$@!!!

As sad as I am about us losing part of this season I am thrilled to death that we will not get hosed by having to pay full price for 3 pre-season games this year and have the potential to get some coin back in the process.

As sad as I am about us losing part of this season I am thrilled to death that we will not get hosed by having to pay full price for 3 pre-season games this year and have the potential to get some coin back in the process.

@Poulin20

Agreed, for the $ this costs us, I'm not going to lose sleep over 3 preseason games. If they're going to pay me better interest than my bank, they can hold my money.....

Guess we'll have to put that pregame beer on hold, but hopefully not for too long!!

@Poulin20

Agreed, for the $ this costs us, I'm not going to lose sleep over 3 preseason games. If they're going to pay me better interest than my bank, they can hold my money.....

Guess we'll have to put that pregame beer on hold, but hopefully not for too long!!

Hopefully not for too long is right! If the lockout goes too long we may have to have a beer next time we go to Millville to visit our aunt.

That has always really bothered me, and every league does it. I understand, even though the game really doesn't matter, you still need to pay the overhead of hosting the game. Still, full price for that is crap.

@Sarsipious

September 17, 2012

Dear Brad ,

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NHL and the Players’ Association expired without a new agreement having been reached. As a result, the opening of training camps may be delayed and it is possible that games in the 2012-13 regular season may be cancelled. The Wild organization apologizes for the inconvenience this necessary action will cause our loyal fans.

Our relationship with you, a valued Season Ticket Holder, is very important to us, and we have put in place a program which we believe will allow you to add value to your investment with the Wild, even if games are missed.

Your remaining payments, due on October 15, November 15, December 14, and January 15, will not be charged until a new CBA agreement has been reached. Once the 2012-2013 season is confirmed, we will resume any remaining payment on the 15th of the following month.

Once a new CBA is agreed upon, you will receive a credit on your account for missed games, if any, plus 10% interest (APR) on the dollar value of tickets for those games once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of remaining scheduled games (that interest will be calculated on a daily basis between the date of the cancelled game and the date of the newly confirmed NHL season schedule). The ensuing credit on your account for the value of missed games and calculated interest can be applied toward future games, playoffs or subsequent season renewals.

If you find it necessary to forego the game credit and interest payment approach, we request that you contact your account representative to initiate the refund process for the value of any cancelled games which are not rescheduled. To allow for the possibility of rescheduled games, refunds will not begin until after the NHL has confirmed any cancelled games will not be rescheduled. Refunds will only be made once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of the remaining scheduled games.

As always, please feel free to contact , your Fan Relations Account Representative at with any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, we’ve produced an online FAQ document that you can access at www.wild.com/cbanews.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Xcel Energy Center!

Matt Majka

Chief Operating Officer

Minnesota Wild