JVR

Guest brelic

Not another JVR bash-fest, just an observation...

Against the Caps, JVR had the lowest TOI (14:32) among forwards except for Z, Rinaldo, and Shelley.

Last night, same thing. He had the lowest TOI (11:52) except for Z, Rinaldo, and Shelley. It was also JVR's lowest TOI of the season.

Factor in more PK time last night than the Caps game, but even so, Briere doesn't kill penalties, and he had 19:56 TOI. Voracek, who is on the same line as JVR, had 19:27.

Unless JVR is still 'injured', seems like as strong a message as you can send as a coach other than healthy scratch.

I really thought he'd turned the corner last year in the playoffs. Then this year, just more of the same lackadaisical play. If he was making next years salary, I'd be pissed. He sure doesn't look like he has the heart for the game, except once every 15 games for 3 shifts.

I really thought he'd turned the corner last year in the playoffs. Then this year, just more of the same lackadaisical play. If he was making next years salary, I'd be pissed. He sure doesn't look like he has the heart for the game, except once every 15 games for 3 shifts.

This was a knock on him coming into the NHL. Glad to see he is living up to it!!11!1!1

JVR was a no-show and his ice time reflects it: 12:56. Only Rinaldo, Sestito, Z, and Shelley got less TOI. In fact, JVR was between 5 and 12 minutes fewer than the other forwards.

I don't get it. Someone in the game chat tonight mentioned that he was disappointed or took it hard when he was moved off the top line. Really, kid??? Well, f**k, show us you belong there. Work your ass off to make it impossible for the coach to move you off that line again.

Any doctors posting here?

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :lol:

I skate with a guy that has/had a torn abdominal muscle. This is the second time he's had one. He said the first one took almost a year to heal. This time, he took about 3 months off without skating but he is still affected by it when he plays. There is a 20 yr age difference between him and JVR, so JVR should be able to heal faster.

My gut feeling (no pun intended) is JVR will need surgery to fix his problem.

My gut feeling (no pun intended) is JVR will need surgery to fix his problem.

If he needs surgery, they need to do it now. He isn't helping the team at all right now. If he's truly hurt, get it fixed, and get him healthy for April. As FC mentioned, imagine if he this is next year, at $4.25/mil/year...OUCH.

If he needs surgery, they need to do it now. He isn't helping the team at all right now. If he's truly hurt, get it fixed, and get him healthy for April.

and that's why i have a hard time thinking he's playing with an injury. there's no percentage in keeping him on the ice if he were. pronger, ok, he brings a ton and him at 75% is still a big contribution. if he can play and heal at the same time, maybe you give it a go. JVR, just not the same. no reason to dress him if he would benefit from getting work done. he isn't contributing much at all right now; if laviolette/holmgren thought there was something that needs to be fixed, my guess is they'd insist he get it fixed.