40 years ago today......

Guest Andrasta

Welcome to the forum Andrasta :)

The battle was the Summit Series in 1972.

Paul Henderson was MVP. well they probably didn't have an MVP then......but he scored the winning goal.

more info: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/40-Years-Ago-Today-Hockey-As-We-Know-It-Was-Born-See-it/1/46753

I'll never forget it...I was in grade 1, they stopped the class and pulled in one of those big monster TV's on wheels....I knew what was coming, had heard they might show the game. I was thrilled. Mr.Crossman was a nerdy type, we had to explain who the different players were and what teams they played for in the NHL. It was just an amazing time, to watch that game in school...thought it was the coolest thing ever...and it was.

The only thing in school that was close was Grade 11 History teacher Mr.Bertoia. He let us watch the 1984 World Series featuring the Detroit Tigers during his history class. Mr.Bertoia played 3rd base for the last Tigers championship team, the 1968 Tigers. That was really cool, getting to watch the World Series with him. He wore in his championship ring for us to see ...very cool sutff!

They shut school down in Canada during that series and allowed the students to watch the games.

I was servicing banks in northern Vermont then. Listening to CBC on my car radio between calls. I got to the Derby Line National Bank during one critical game in that series. While I'm idling in the parking lot, an employee of the bank was pounding on my car window. Hollering at me to go inside where I'm needed. But I sit there, wrapped in the drama of the game.

Those were fun days.

• Like 1

I was servicing banks in northern Vermont then. Listening to CBC on my car radio between calls. I got to the Derby Line National Bank during one critical game in that series. While I'm idling in the parking lot, an employee of the bank was pounding on my car window. Hollering at me to go inside where I'm needed. But I sit there, wrapped in the drama of the game.

Those were fun days.

Atta boy blocker.

• 11 months later...