Talbot to Pittsburgh?

@nossagog The little ninja is our code for sarcasm....so don't think bert was serious....

Thanks, I saw that and figured that was what it was for.

[

By perennial do you mean he hit exactly 40 once and has never been close to 40 any other time in his career?

Exactly, see, I was just playin too. I'll use the ninja from now on jammer. I used this year extrapolated out to a what would be a full season, and counted that as he would have scored 40 again. And hence my comment of " A perenial 40 goal scorer on this team". So there you have it, two for two on 40 goal seasons on this team, perenial. I really wanted to be in politics, so manipulating words and numbers is really fun.

Just think what I could do with Pascal "Stone Hands" Dupuis this year!

I guess I'm one of the few that think Max's 1.7 mill cap hit per year is not an overpayment. Even excluding his career year in points last year, he is a very serviceable forward who can play multiple positions and is a nice guy to have on the pk. My problem is, his biggest asset is his playoff experience.....that's where he pays dividends for the Flyers. Since we are not making the playoffs, he is expendable. I'd ratehr have a guy like Welly or Harry Z taking up that ice time if the playoffs are not in play......so I'm ok with letting him go if the return is decent...and by decent I'd say a late round draft pick would be fine by me. If you can get a 3rd or 4th.....even better.

@jammer2

I'm fine with 1.7 for Talbot. Considering some of the stupid contracts that have been handed out, this is peanuts and the guy usually comes out to play. I'd trade him for a 1st or a decent propect, but I'm not getting rid of him because of a bad contract, cause it isn't.

• Like 1

@jammer2

I'm fine with 1.7 for Talbot. Considering some of the stupid contracts that have been handed out, this is peanuts and the guy usually comes out to play. I'd trade him for a 1st or a decent propect, but I'm not getting rid of him because of a bad contract, cause it isn't.

1.7M cap hit is not bad, but probably top shelf, for a player like Max Talbot. His TOP potential is probably third liner, but he eats up alot of key minutes on the PK, is solid defesively on the third/fourth line, and is a great locker room player. The regressing actual payment down to $1M in real dollars is financially sound for the Flyers.

Trading for a 1st or decent prospect is probably not in the cards, that would probably be too much.

@nossagog

Sure it's too much. But if a team feels they're a Talbot away from winning a cup, they'll do it. Teams overpay at the deadline every single year. And if you do happen to win the cup, anything you've done is worth it. Anything. Even tanking. ;)

Let us know in a couple years if its worth it. ;)