Ryan Clowe - WHAT THE H*LL HOMER?

Guest DaGreatGazoo

They lost a lot of toughness this year. Maybe they think this is the cure to their struggles?

That they did and I'm sure that's a big part of this. I think they miss Prust quite a bit. I actually liked him, unusual for a Rangers player.

Edited by JackStraw

Thank you baby Jesus for not acquiring clowe... baby Jesus... thank you...

ha ha....love baby Jesus quotes...lol. Ya know, I woulda done Clowe for a 2nd and 3rd this year. Dispite the 0 goals this year...he skates very well for a big man, and the team really tough to play against. His compete level, which we will soon find out, is off the charts, very tenacious. The other pick is conditional on the Rags winning 2 rounds, or it reverts to a 5th, so that's not a big deal. Any time you can add a solid, tough as nails winger who has scored 22, 19, 24 and 17 goals the past 4 years....that's worth 2nd and 3rd rounder.. He's 30, but not ancient....this year is a fluke, he will score 20 goals for the next 2 or 3 years, I'm convinced of it...and his right has knock out power...the guy grew up on the Grand Banks of Newfoundland, so you know he's super duper tough....lol. Rangers made out like bandits here. We will soon hate this guy.

sure, let's make a trade just for the sake of making a trade

good idea

Not what I said & certainly not what I meant. But thanks for construing what I said in the worst way possible anyway. Speaks well of you.

The Flyers have a few glaring areas of need right now, especially with all of the injuries. Being 2 points out of a possible playoff spot too.

Not what I said & certainly not what I meant. But thanks for construing what I said in the worst way possible anyway. Speaks well of you.

The Flyers have a few glaring areas of need right now, especially with all of the injuries. Being 2 points out of a possible playoff spot too.

Actually 6 points out right now. Things change fast.

Homer's almost certainly as dumb as some here are saying. Any smart GM, especially any smart Philly GM, knows there are two reasons to pursue players at the deadline: to acquire players and to drive up the price to rivals. So just because he's sniffing around doesn't men he's serious.

• Like 1

Actually 6 points out right now. Things change fast.

Yowzers!

Let's at least get our first 3-game winning streak & we'll see what happens.

This team is just dumb enough to make the playoffs anyway. :)

@AndyS

That's the problem with falling out of contention. There are a lot of teams you have to leapfrog and with 3 point games it's tough. Ususally even with a good run you fall short and end up with no playoffs and a lousy pick. Theres a reason it took the Leafs 10 years to rebuild. They made this exact same mistake every single year.

• Like 1

ha ha....love baby Jesus quotes...lol. Ya know, I woulda done Clowe for a 2nd and 3rd this year. Dispite the 0 goals this year...he skates very well for a big man, and the team really tough to play against. His compete level, which we will soon find out, is off the charts, very tenacious. The other pick is conditional on the Rags winning 2 rounds, or it reverts to a 5th, so that's not a big deal. Any time you can add a solid, tough as nails winger who has scored 22, 19, 24 and 17 goals the past 4 years....that's worth 2nd and 3rd rounder.. He's 30, but not ancient....this year is a fluke, he will score 20 goals for the next 2 or 3 years, I'm convinced of it...and his right has knock out power...the guy grew up on the Grand Banks of Newfoundland, so you know he's super duper tough....lol. Rangers made out like bandits here. We will soon hate this guy.

The first question that came to my mind when I heard about this was "Why?" Seriously, where would you slot him without disrupting the chemistry of the lines?

On the top line?

Sure, it makes sense that he plays with Giroux... so Read gets bumped, which is fine. But what about Hartnell? We JUST signed him to a 6 year, $4.75M per season extension to .... wait for it..... play on the first line with Giroux.

You just know Homer would have signed him to a multi-year (read: 6 or more) extension worth about what Hartnell got. And we also have to give Giroux $8M+/season sometime next year on an extension.

It just sounds like a move for the sake of a move... not one that fits within any sort of plan.

I mean, I've only really heard about the Flyers being after forwards (and old ones at that). The lone exception has been Yandle.

If Homer does nothing by 3pm EDT, I'll be happy. You always overpay at this time of year (and we appear to be buyers more than sellers, even if that makes no sense).

@brelic It's a good fit for the Rags, they badly needed some grit, they were getting pushed around and their forecheck was suffering also. They got a talented guy, for picks that hardly ever turn out to be NHL regulars. Didn't take away from the active roster, it's a win-win for them. This 0 goals thing, it's an anomoly in Ryan's career. The goals will come.

Tougher to fit him into the Flyers roster, but you coluld leave Harts where he is and insert him literally into any other line, he's great on the cycle, (as we are about to find out, he's gonna roll over our D) plays both wings, he's just a handy guy. I didn't like the proposed move because it involved Coots and or a first, which seemed like a gross overpayment. But Clowe for no active playes and 2nd and 3rd rounder.....I do that all day long, whether I'm the Rags or the Flyers. It's one thing to suck, or not play up to par, but Clowe brings a wonderful compete level, a guy who makes a line on your team tough to play against, with a history of 20 goals (approx), I'm in on that all day long, esp at that price.

• Like 1