Erik Gustafsson!

Is it time to give him a permanent roster spot or will he get sent down when injuries heals? I think he is really good at his skates and he's playmaking. What I was missing from last year was muscle and defense, but on the other hand he wasnt bad at our own end but he seemed alittle bit small in some situations. I guess, he wont get bigger so are we satisfied with him the way he is (offensive/allround defenseman) is he to stay as our 6th defenseman? what do you think?

Is it time to give him a permanent roster spot or will he get sent down when injuries heals? I think he is really good at his skates and he's playmaking. What I was missing from last year was muscle and defense, but on the other hand he wasnt bad at our own end but he seemed alittle bit small in some situations. I guess, he wont get bigger so are we satisfied with him the way he is (offensive/allround defenseman) is he to stay as our 6th defenseman? what do you think?

Gus and Lauridsen, AS OF NOW, I think have earned a spot. Before signing a mediocre defenseman in the off season, just go with them. If they can get a top d-man or 2 than thats different. I really like what I've seen from Lauridsen so far.

• Like 1

@Flyingswede My favourite new Flyer, Gus. I think he will never be sent down again, and I project him for the 3-4 pairing, maybe as soon as mid season next year. Shows real flashs on offense, pretty sound in his own end. Carries/lugs the puck better than any Flyer not named Kimo, so he is addressing a specific weakness on the current roster. I think he's proven he's a legit NHL d-man, I wanna see him on the top pp before the year is out, see how he does.

Thank you very much for the answere. I havent been able to see so many games this season becouse of the tv company but i have streams sometimes. Will get new tv licens for nhl next season. Sounds great about "gus" and lauridsen too. Even thou this is a crappy season its nice to follow the young guys and nice to here Gus doing good.

@Flyingswede The one thing I can see happening is trades to make sure Oliver and Gus are incoporated into next years roster. I don't think either one can learn anymore at the AHL level, so it would stunt their growth as players to demote them. However, the only reason they are playing now is injuries. We have to ditch some of our NHL guys to make sure these two talented players get the proper ice time at the NHL level to make the next leap in their devlopment as Dmen.

@Flyingswede The one thing I can see happening is trades to make sure Oliver and Gus are incoporated into next years roster. I don't think either one can learn anymore at the AHL level, so it would stunt their growth as players to demote them. However, the only reason they are playing now is injuries. We have to ditch some of our NHL guys to make sure these two talented players get the proper ice time at the NHL level to make the next leap in their devlopment as Dmen.

What a foreign concept for the Flyers! Trading away vets to allow youth coming through the system to develop.

they both stay in my book. Gus has really impressed me and I actually think Gus is the perfect example of how to groom a decent D-prospect by being patient and lots of AHL time. Flyers actually did a good job with Gus and his development, no rush.

@Flyingswede, Det eneste dårlige jeg kan sige om Gus er at han er svensk :)

Gus recently led D in TOI, and has earned a spot in my opinion. I'd like to see Lauridsen too, but let him sweat over the summer, train, and own training camp. Put the onus on him to make himself impossible to send down.

• Like 2

they both stay in my book. Gus has really impressed me and I actually think Gus is the perfect example of how to groom a decent D-prospect by being patient and lots of AHL time. Flyers actually did a good job with Gus and his development, no rush.

@Flyingswede, Det eneste dårlige jeg kan sige om Gus er at han er svensk :)

Danskjävel :D