The McNabb Dilemma

Guest Pegulaville26

Trade Myers to Philly. Problem solved.

That is a solution I would love. Barring that, I have to assume he (McNabb) will be sent down again. He won't stay down long if the Sabres start to struggle again on d. Erhoff 's play has been horrid. You have to wonder if he is playing injured and might be shut down since McNabb has done so well on his call up.

No thanks on Bryz we already have an overpaid goalie. Ehrhoff started good then went bad and is now on the good side again at the moment. Not a chance he is put out of lineup with that contract, I just hope he isn't so up and down for the next 10 years. Ehrhoff has played with every d-man this season. Not a good way to build chemistry, but he has found some with McNabb as of late.

Bryaden McNabb has been one if not the best Sabres defenseman since his call up. With Tyler Myers set to return soon, what do the Sabres do with McNabb? What about Weber and Gragnani?

The problem of too many talented young defensemen is a good one to have. Don't over-expose them, let them develop.

A lot of the decision on "who goes" will be contract-based. Who's got options to be sent down?

And contract size. They may send Weber down just to save the fraction of the $400K on the cap.

The problem of too many talented young defensemen is a good one to have. Don't over-expose them, let them develop.

A lot of the decision on "who goes" will be contract-based. Who's got options to be sent down?

And contract size. They may send Weber down just to save the fraction of the $400K on the cap.

Any player that goes down has to clear waivers, besides McNabb, that's why I think he goes down unfortunately. Unless they make a trade.

@Pegulaville26 I got to see Mike Weber play for a full 3 and a half years on the Spitfires....I must say, he fooled me. Never once did I think he would be an NHL player, just did not think he was physical or fast enough. He's etched a nice little spot for himself. I'm no Sabres expert, but it seems l like he's a pretty reliable 5-6 guy with a nice low cap hit. Would be a shame to see him get the boot, but agreed, the Sabres look like a different team with McNabb at the point. Also agree, as most here will, Erhoff was a horrid signing...not as bad as Leino, but in 3-4 years the pain will start to hit hard....lol. 10 years...good Lord.