Pilot 'mistakes' crying baby for Sidney Crosby

Guest TedZep

Right or wrong, Sidney Crosby is perceived as a crybaby by fans across the NHL. Some begrudgingly acknowledge his tremendous skill but bemoan his pleas to the referees.

The reputation hits so hard even pilots are making wisecracks about Crosby. A Jet Blue pilot flying media members (and others) from Pittsburgh to Boston on Tuesday morning after the Bruins took a 2-0 series lead over the Penguins on Monday night decided to try his attempt at humor over the loudspeaker.

Baby crying in back of Jet Blue flight packed w/Boston media. Pilot just got on intercom and asked if "Sidney Crosby was in the back crying"
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs)

"Is that Sidney Crosby in the back crying?" - Pilot of flight to Boston this morning, clearly pleased with his
— Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu)

Even JetBlue flight crew chirping Crosby this morning. Cold.
— Fluto Shinzawa (@GlobeFluto)

Nothing like a little salt in the wound. The Bruins won the first two games in Pittsburgh by a combined score of 9-1.

He may never get over that reputation.

Good stuff.

Last night was another great example. The nbc on ice mikes were so good and the pens fans were so quiet you could here him crying to the refs on multiple occasions. After the whistle that is. I wonder if pens fans would see how much of a puzzy he is if he played on another team?

I wonder if pens fans would see how much of a puzzy he is if he played on another team?

No doubt they would especially if she played for us. We all defend players on our teams who employ borderline tactics. They may be douches but they are our douches.

• Like 1

HahA poulin. Good point. Now you've got me thinking. Have we ever had a player that's as much of a puzzy as Cindy. Talent aside that is. I know we've had some real pain in the azz players that you would only love on ur team. But I can't think of a player of Cindy's caliber that we've had that plays like a total biatch.

We all defend players on our teams who employ borderline tactics. They may be douches but they are our douches.

I think that kind of whiny prima donna stuff might be accepted in Pittsburgh, but the Philly fans would have weaned him from that early, or he would have requested his walking papers to escape the heat. You gotta have heart to play in Philadelphia, or thick skin, and Crosby hasn't demonstrated much of either. The strongest player on his skates, yet he falls over so easily..?