Ovechkin wins Hart

Guest bags2

For the third time Ovechkin wins the Hart Memorial Trophy, and now becomes the only Left Winger to do so three times.

Ovechkin led the league in goals (32), power play goals (16), Tied for 3rd in points (56), and was also the only player in the league to score 20+ goals and tally 100+ hits. Great season Ovi, hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Yet Crosby had the same number of points in 12 less games and was a +26. I get that Ovie played a big part down the stretch getting the Caps to the playoffs, but the first part of his season he was dismal.

Congrats to The Great 8, but I thought this was a perfect season to not even nominate Crosby or Ovie, let alone Ovie winning. The last half of the season for Ovie was spectacular, and I hope to see him play that way all next year. But the first half of the season it didn't look like he cared. That's not Hart trophy winner to me.

Crosby deserved the Lindsay for best player, but between Ovi and Tavares for most valuable to their team it could have gone either way in voting. And the numbers seemed to give Ovi the favor.

The season is half a season long and OV takes half that off and wins the Hart. Crosby has the same points but missed 12 games cause of injury. He was 19 points ahead of Ovechkin when he got hurt. And he didn't just not show up, he was hurt.

Apparently Ovechkin received 50 first-place votes to Crosby's 46 and finished with 32 more points in the balloting. Tavares was third, while Jonathan Toews was fourth.

I think the reason people saw Ovi as being more valuable to his team than Crosby is because of how well the Pens did without Sid, and without Ovechkin the Caps had no shot at the playoffs.

He should've been third place out of the three. He flat out sucked for half the short season. Tavares earned it all the way. No way the Isles make it without him.

I agree the Isles don't make it without Tavares, but it's the same situation with the Caps and Ovechkin. And he didn't play bad half the season, it was a 48 game season and he scored 10 points in his first 16 games (33% of season) then 46 points in his last 32 games (67% of season). And in the long run Ovi and Tavares played an equal amount of games and Ovi ended up with 9 more points.

And in no way shape or form am I saying Ovechkin had a better season than Crosby, because he didn't. Crosby deserved the award for most outstanding player which he received. But when it comes to who was more valuable to their team it was Ovechkin. Ovechkin played every game so it's impossible to know how they would have done without him, but I feel from watching them all year it's safe to say if he missed as many games as Crosby that the Caps are not in the playoffs. And the Pens didn't skip a beat without Crosby.

It's really not that hard to see that Ovechkin was a worthy candidate to win this award.

I agree the Isles don't make it without Tavares, but it's the same situation with the Caps and Ovechkin. And he didn't play bad half the season, it was a 48 game season and he scored 10 points in his first 16 games (33% of season) then 46 points in his last 32 games (67% of season). And in the long run Ovi and Tavares played an equal amount of games and Ovi ended up with 9 more points.

And in no way shape or form am I saying Ovechkin had a better season than Crosby, because he didn't. Crosby deserved the award for most outstanding player which he received. But when it comes to who was more valuable to their team it was Ovechkin. Ovechkin played every game so it's impossible to know how they would have done without him, but I feel from watching them all year it's safe to say if he missed as many games as Crosby that the Caps are not in the playoffs. And the Pens didn't skip a beat without Crosby.

It's really not that hard to see that Ovechkin was a worthy candidate to win this award.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

I would have given it to Bob. 5th place in the voting is an insult to him. :ph34r:

Hart Trophy voting Player First place Second place Third place Fourth place Fifth place Total Alex Ovechkin 50 43 40 27 8 1090 Sidney Crosby 46 42 41 29 12 1058 John Tavares 38 38 33 29 21 919 Jonathan Toews 39 35 29 29 19 886 Sergei Bobrovsky 4 12 13 25 4 311

• Like 1

@ b21

@ polaris

Remember giving me a hard time when I said movie was the best player in the league? I guess I'm not alone in thinking that. Hahah... classic

If you'd said Most valuable to his team you wouldn't be alone. You'd be with the idiot sports writers. THAT's something to be proud of. Ted Lindsay is best player as voted on by the players... Hence You remain alone.

@ b21

@ polaris

Remember giving me a hard time when I said movie was the best player in the league? I guess I'm not alone in thinking that. Hahah... classic

Not at all bitter. It is the more prestigious award. But his peers...who are sooooooooooooooo tired of his act....disagree.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust saying. ;)

How do you say choke again in Pittsburgh? IC? And its not Iron City beer... It's Inconsistent Cindy... haha what a choker. How many goals against the Bruins? Hahahaha...I know our panties are in a bind because he didn't win the hart.

@pensuck

You're not even a good troll. If you look back, you'll note I voted for Tavares over Crosby. I think noss was right. Just ignore people who have nothing intelligent to contribute. Good luck to you in not disappointing your parents in whatever you do. Farewell.

@ b21

@ polaris

Ovechkin the best player in the league? Haha! He's barely top ten in my books. The guy takes entire seasons off. Ya that's what I want on my team.

Brett Hull has won it. Jose Theodore has won it. Sedin. Perry. Heck Ovechkin has won it 3 times. There's proof enough alone it doesn't go the the games best player.

Edited by flyercanuck