Saddledome Flooded

hf101

@hf101 Link not working....it does suck, but really a job for the insurance companies at this point. Feel bad for the people living around there with no insurance that will lose everything....saw some of them on the news last night.....heartbreaking...really.

All joking aside, (sorry) this really is a tragedy for the city of Calgary. Hoping for all the best for the people of Calgary and the province of Alberta as they recover, hoping they get no more rain....

I heard them say the arena would be ready by the start of the season but IDK. If not where do they play? There is no other large western Canada arena that could take them in for one year like Memphis did for the Titans while a stadium was being built in Nashville years ago. I really don't know where they would play. Seattle?

I want Seattle to steal the Coyotes, not the Flames! All right I actually feel like a schmuck for joking about it, forget hockey, the articles I've read on this paint a horrifying picture. Hope the region recovers as quickly as possible

• Like 1

Would never happen, but the best case for the NHL would be for Edmonton or Vancouver to make their arena's available to the Flames for half a year or so. All the teams coming in could play the oilers and flames back to back without any travel and the Flames fan base would have at least limited access to their team. Plus, the Flames games might no be sell outs, but they still make a killing on parking/concessions for events that otherwise would not have been there.

• 3 months later...