Pronger helping at the draft

Guest Samifan

I can help Homer at the draft too. I can hook electrodes to his nuts and when he wants to make certain phone calls..BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Someone also needs to help by abducting Snider and taking him on a little vacation until mid October so he cant mandate any stupid moves be made (like he did with Bryz)!

Someone also needs to help by abducting Snider and taking him on a little vacation until mid October so he cant mandate any stupid moves be made (like he did with Bryz)!

Hey i'm zapping Homer, You can deal with Snider lol

Flyers' pick Morin idolized Pronger

NEWARK — When the Flyers’ scouting team met this week in preparation of the draft, injured defenseman Chris Pronger was also at the table adding his input. Now wearing glasses and a suit instead of a helmet and jersey, Pronger also joined management on the stage when the Flyers selected defenseman Sam Morin, of the QMJHL’s Rimouski Oceanic, with the 11th pick.

The 17-year-old, 6-foot-6 behemoth was on another planet. The Lac-Beauport, Quebec native grew up in Montreal idolizing Pronger.

“I like Chris Pronger, but I’m Sam Morin,” the newest Flyer said. “Chris Pronger was a superstar in the NHL. … I don’t know if I’ll be like him, but for sure it’s a good comparison.”

One reporter even suggested Morin looks like Pronger.

“Not him, but the Russian guy from ‘Rocky,’” Morin said. “People say I look like him.”

Ivan Drago?

“Yeah, Drago.”

Morin is a 206-pound blueliner who had four goals, 14 assists and 117 penalty minutes in 46 games this season. The left-handed shot missed time with an upper-body injury. He was on Canada’s U18 World Championship team and had two assists in seven games in the tournament.

“Big strong kid,” Pronger said. “Plays tough. Plays mean.”

Morin says he’s encouraged by the fact that Sean Couturier and Scott Laughton, the Flyers’ most recent first-round picks, played in the NHL the season following their selection.

“I want to make the team (this year) for sure,” Morin said. “I will give all I have and if I don’t make it, it’s not a problem. I’ll give it all I have.”

The Flyers will hope that Morin can become a homegrown player that makes it all the way to a successful NHL career. They haven’t had many players like that in their recent draft history and general manager Paul Holmgren knows it.

“I hear that all the time from Mr. Snider,” Holmgren said this week. “He’s always telling me we’ve never drafted a top defenseman.”

Morin was ranked 23rd among North American skaters by central scouting and had 30 friends and family members drive down from Montreal to watch him walk up on stage and shake hands with his idol.

“Oh yeah,” said a beaming Morin. “Big hands.”

source