Guys when you draft a defenseman in top 10 or 12 he has to have offensive upside

Guest Mario99

An offensive upside, should in future produce 10 goals 25 assists at least and this kid will avg

2 goals 10 assists if he makes it to NHL

Don't know where u are getting this logic? You were so big on Mantha, I thought u would be excited by a Q league player Morin. What a kid is now at 18 doesn't mean what he will be in the future.

I like this pick. He shot up the charts this year the most of any drafted player. He can skate and is improving his skating each year. His shot is getting better as well. Ristolainen was the pick but he was taken. Zardov is not as quick as morin and not projected to be as good as morin. Pulock? Want him but not at 11. He's good. But his d game needs serious work and he simply isn't big enough.

• Like 1

@Jmdodgesrt4 It's impossible to find 6'7 d-men that can skate. An obvious project type, but I clearly see why this move was made. He's huge, mean, will fill out....the nice skating means he will not be a bust, will play in the NHL someday. His upper tier upside could be a #1 shut down d-man who can contribute on offense a bit. He exploded for 6 pts in 7 games in Rimouski's first round series, although I don't seem has prolofic scorer, but he his offensie has the potential to be respectable if worked on. I love the fact he loves to hit and fight.

Maybe a bit like Tyler Myers minus the offense, or something close to that.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

@Jmdodgesrt4 It's impossible to find 6'7 d-men that can skate. An obvious project type, but I clearly see why this move was made. He's huge, mean, will fill out....the nice skating means he will not be a bust, will play in the NHL someday. His upper tier upside could be a #1 shut down d-man who can contribute on offense a bit. He exploded for 6 pts in 7 games in Rimouski's first round series, although I don't seem has prolofic scorer, but he his offensie has the potential to be respectable if worked on. I love the fact he loves to hit and fight.

Maybe a bit like Tyler Myers minus the offense, or something close to that.

I agree Jammer. Guys who are his size and play with a nasty, physical edge don't grow on trees which is part of the reason he shot up the charts. There were many who were projecting Dallas to take him with the 10th pick.

He is still what, 17? and could grow another inch or two and with work he could develop into a Pronger or even a Chara. Scouts definitely said he is further along in his progress than Chara was at the same point.

Finally there is and always will be a market for big, physical, shut down defensemen. They are a valued commodity and with Risto and Nurse gone I think he has more potential than Pulock, Nikita, etc.