Pick your lines for Team USA

hf101

This is the list of players invited to summer Olympic camp for team USA.

Goalies: Craig Anderson, Ryan Miller, John Gibson, Jonathan Quick, Jimmy Howard, Cory Schneider

Defensemen: Zach Bogosian, Dustin Byfuglien, John Carlson, Dan DeKeyser, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler, Jake Gardiner, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Seth Jones, Nick Leddy, Paul Martin, Ryan McDonagh, Brooks Orpik, Kevin Shattenkirk, Ryan Suter, Jacob Trouba, Keith Yandle.

Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, David Backes, Beau Bennett, Nick Bjugstad, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Alex Galchenyuk, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler, Phil Kessel, Trevor Lewis, Kyle Okposo, TJ Oshie, Max Pacioretty, Kyle Palmieri, Zack Parise, Joe Pavelski, Bobby Ryan, Brandon Saad, Craig Smith, Paul Stastny, Derek Stepan, James van Riemsdyk, Blake Wheeler.

If you were organizing the team which 12 forwards, 6 d-men and 2 goalies would you choose? Who would play together on lines?

If you think others not invited to camp should be on the team, add them and explain why.

Goalies

1)Jonathan Quick

2)Cory Schneider

3)Jimmy Howard

Defense

1)Ryan McDonagh

2)Keith Yandle

3)Kevin Shattenkirk

4)Jake Gardiner

5)Brooks Orpik

6)Ryan Suter

7)Dan DeKeyser

I know some will disagree with the DeKeyser pick, but he skates to well to leave him off the team, ditto for Gardiner. Suter makes the team on rep and previous Olympic involvement.

Forwards

1)Patrick Kane

2)David Backes

3)Dustin Brown

4)Joe Pavelski

5)Ryan Callahan

6)Bobby Ryan

7)TJ Oshie

8)Zack Parise

9)Phil Kessel

10)Brandon Saad

11)Alex Galchenyuk

12)Max Pacioretty

13)Blake Wheeler

Some nice tough team orientated forwards on Team USA. They will be super tough to play against. I believe Emerson Etem will force his way on this team, to fast and skilled to leave off.

• 1 month later...

@hf101  A pic of Russia's new Olympic gear. I love the traditional look of the darker jersey, but the White one is AWESOME. They are both pretty cool and they will at the very least look good this Winter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23331861/photo-russias-olympic-hockey-jerseys-are-interesting

@jammer2

Russia's do look better than the USA ones, I still don't like the fake laces.  

Now comparing both of them, I don't like that the USA has the same look as the Russians with the stripes on the sleeves either.....#NikeFail

the sheild looks great on a football kit as a breast patch or smallish center patch, this whole sweater is a mess there is not one design element that i like individually, it's like the designer kept adding bad ideas hoping to make some sort of negative magic happen. 

those sweaters suck.