The movie so this is 40

@Hexy27

@yave1964

I don't think it painted the 40 year old in the most positive light, there were some funny moments, but the self inflicted conflict and failure to grow up are things that I couldn't relate too... those characters were emotional teenagers and I know no one my age that acts like that and has their own successful business and/or moderately successful business. the movie was disjointed at best, the scene that was the movie in microcasm for me was the gilrs listening to fun pop music and having fun then the dad joins the party with AIC and ruining the fun for them so he could make a point about "good music".

• Like 1

@Hexy27

@yave1964

I don't think it painted the 40 year old in the most positive light, there were some funny moments, but the self inflicted conflict and failure to grow up are things that I couldn't relate too... those characters were emotional teenagers and I know no one my age that acts like that and has their own successful business and/or moderately successful business. the movie was disjointed at best, the scene that was the movie in microcasm for me was the gilrs listening to fun pop music and having fun then the dad joins the party with AIC and ruining the fun for them so he could make a point about "good music".

My problem with the movie is the expectations I had for it, with half the cast of 40 year old virgin and knocked up I was expecting more. I think the acting was stretched too thin, kind of like asking a solid third line center to play first line minutes. Second rate but solid actors being asked to do too much. As a 48 year old man with a comfortable life and nearly finished with the duking it out phase of teenagers myself I felt this was uninspiring and depressing.

@Hexy27

@yave1964

Disjointed is exactly how I'd describe it. There were some parts that made me laugh, but others that didn't. There were some parts where the characters seemed relatable, other parts where they didn't (both being business owners for example). Yeah, two semi-wealthy entrepreneurs, who are whiny white people. Real relatable Apatow.

• Like 1