NHL.com's Adam Kimelman's top 10 Flyer prospects

jammer2

There is a smattering of new info here, just enough new stuff to make it readable. Lappy comments on our prospects through out the article, I liked getting his perspective on our youth movement.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=680936

At least Lappy tells it like it is and does not try to hide obvious flaws regarding the prospects. More than a few mentions of lack of skating speed, a lot of those guys will be hard pressed to see any NHL time. I drew the same conclusions as Adam about Cousins not being fast enough. If he has any hope, he has to push the envelope and pray the power skating helps him out.

I would not put Stolarz ahead of Morin, Hagg, the Great Dane or Ghost at this point, he's a project at this point. 2nd best prospect is to damn high for a guy who stunk in the playoffs AND Memorial Cup.

First time in forever I can recall the Flyers having SO much top end talent on defense. In 3 years, there is a good chance Morin, Hagg, Lauridsen and Ghost could comprise 4 out of 6 defensive positions on the team. Very exciting times to be a Flyer fan!

Interesting to note, Mark Alt and Petr Straka were not included. Personally I would have put Alt ahead of Manning.

Laughton looked like an NHL player when Barrie played Oshawa in postseason last year. I really like his all around game. If Stolarz is our 2nd best prospect, we're in big trouble. He looked like Bryz to me. I'd put him around 5-6. They want Ghost to play at what, 170? Yikes!

@flyercanuck  I was a little worried about Ghost's weight as well. I know they want him to retain his mobility, which is a huge part of his game, but damn, you gotta be at least 180 to sustain some of the wicked hits that will be coming his way!

Yeah, they ranked Stolarz way to high, no way he should be ahead of most of our defensive prospects. They are way more valuable to the org.

2nd best prospect is to damn high for a guy who stunk in the playoffs AND Memorial Cup.

I wouldn't say he stunk, more like he ran out of gas to me it seemed...looked real slow from post to post...or better yet much different than the first time i watched him play...

...not making excuses because i was expecting him to look much better than he did to me he looked tired and exhausted...hopefully he'll get better and better with more playing time.

The memorial Cup is a grind for such young athletes and it showed.

I still think he moves well for such a BIG guy... he'll get better with time. I hope.