Corey Masisak's Penguin top 10 prospects

jammer2

Pretty decent write up here.....one thing I found very interesting was the unGodly stats put up by the Pens #5 prospect. Tristan Jerry had an OUTSTANDING year for the WHL's Edmonton Oil Kings. I mean, really?!? 1.61 GGA to go with a wicked .935 SV%....he also had a 18-7 record, which tells me he was not the starter last year. Those kinds of stats are not supposed to happen in the CHL. He is certainly a kid to keep an eye on!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681003

Some guys left off this list, like the highly touted goalie prospect Hartzell and strong 2 way forward Tom Khuenackle, a former Windsor Spitfire.

Awesome depth at the blueline for the Pens. Kind of surprised Maata jumped over Pouliot, but he has a better 2 way game. If Pittsburgh plays Pouliot with Letang, like suggested in the article, they'd be asking for big trouble IMO. I'd see lots of odd man rushes going the other way. Jarry had 6 shutouts in 18 games...very impressive (Broissoit is the #1 with the Oil Kings and may be on the Canadian junior team)

Awesome depth at the blueline for the Pens. Kind of surprised Maata jumped over Pouliot, but he has a better 2 way game. If Pittsburgh plays Pouliot with Letang, like suggested in the article, they'd be asking for big trouble IMO. I'd see lots of odd man rushes going the other way. Jarry had 6 shutouts in 18 games...very impressive (Broissoit is the #1 with the Oil Kings and may be on the Canadian junior team)At

Unless there's a big trade, Pouliot has no chance of making the team this year, there is just no reason to push him along.  The Pens have 7  NHL defensemen already under contract with Martin Nisky, Engo, Despres, Tanger, Scuds and Orpik there.  They also have high hope on Ulfie's son Philip Samuelsson and Bortuzzo is still there too.  

In the end, they are stacked right now on the blue line. Trades gotta happen this year because they can't keep them all.

@Polaris922

It's funny how some teams (Nashville for example) seem to be able to find defencemen quite easily, or develop them. Philly seems pretty good at picking forwards, but can't draft a dman or goalie to save their life. I'm hoping Morin and/or Hagg breaks the streak, heck, maybe even Stolarz. From what I've seen I don't have much faith in the latter.