Predictions

yave1964

Predictions of who wins the cup/makes the playoffs.....

WEST

1. Chicago

2. Kings

3. Sharks

4. Blues

5. Wild

6. Canucks

7. Oilers

8. Ducks

9. Predators

10.Avalanche

11.Stars

12.Jets

13.Coyotes

14.Flames

EAST

1. Penguins

2. Bruins

3. Senators

4. Red Wings

5. Rangers

6. Maple Leafs

7. Flyers

8. Blue Jackets

9. Capitals

10.Canadiens

11.Islanders

12.Hurricanes

13.Lightning

14.Devils

15.Sabres

16.Panthers

STANLEY CUP:

Ottawa Senators defeat the Chicago Black Hawks

There is mine, what is yours?

I'd be OK seeing that final outcome but I think you have gone around the bend! :P Joking aside, Ottawa could be serious sleeper team this year.

As a Wings fan I always picked an Eastern conference club as my 'second club' last year I had the Senators (This year I have to pick a club in the West and I am going with the Predators) I love the kids in Ottawa, I think too many people are overblowing the Alfie defection and the loss of Silferberg, replacing them with Bobby Ryan and Macarthur more than makes up for it, PLUS a whole year from Anderson, Karlsson and Spezza, another year of growth from the kids, this team is loaded to the hilt. Plus as a Wings fan I love their coach, hell I thought about growing a walrus mustache but the wife said no way......

I like the standings (not real happy with the Leafs finishing higher than the Flyers, but objectively it's probably correct)

I'm not going to predict Cup winner, but I'd be stunned if it were the Senators.  You do know that they play in Canada, right?   Maybe if they learn the Soviet system.

The only hard and fast prediction I'll make really isn't going out on a limb:   The Flyers will either a) have a league-wide recognized horrible goalie situation by Christmas OR b) Have made a coaching change by Christmas OR c) Both.

The Eastern Conference is tight. I like Yave's picks there, but literally any team from 6-13 could surprise and flourish. Even the Devils could sneak in with solid goaltending and a few of the newcomers scoring consistently. I think Ottawa is the best team in the East, but that's just me.