Where are they now - Tim Kerr

Leach27

@Leach27  The tiny little town of Tecumseh, Ontario is a 10 miles from my hometown of Windsor. For a tiny place of 26,000 they have kicked out a LOT of hockey talent over the years. TIm Kerr 4 time 50 goal scorer, Adam Graves captained the Rangers and Spits,  scored 50 at his height of NHL stardom. Other NHL'ers are Bob Probert (a Windsor native, but lived in Tec for a while), Warren Rychel and Bob Boughner former NHLers and present owners of the Spitfires, former Spits captains Mark Renaud and Ernie Godden. Mark had a nice NHL career, but Ernie never made it, but STILL holds the all time OHL record for most goals in a season with 87.

I met Tim a few times, very humble, a really nice guy.

• Like 1

Tim Kerr and John LeClair had their careers shortened by repeated cross checks to the back.  Players who weren't able to defend against their strengths within the rules, were allowed mugging rights against these two. 

John LeClair played in a Stanley cup playoff series at a time in which he had to be helped in and out of a car because of his injured back.  I watched Timmy Kerr trying to land a gig with Hartford in preseason, when it was obvious that he couldn't stand erect due to spinal harm.  It was a courageous try. 

And sad.

• Like 1

@Leach27  The tiny little town of Tecumseh, Ontario is a 10 miles from my hometown of Windsor. For a tiny place of 26,000 they have kicked out a LOT of hockey talent over the years. TIm Kerr 4 time 50 goal scorer, Adam Graves captained the Rangers and Spits,  scored 50 at his height of NHL stardom. Other NHL'ers are Bob Probert (a Windsor native, but lived in Tec for a while), Warren Rychel and Bob Boughner former NHLers and present owners of the Spitfires, former Spits captains Mark Renaud and Ernie Godden. Mark had a nice NHL career, but Ernie never made it, but STILL holds the all time OHL record for most goals in a season with 87.

I met Tim a few times, very humble, a really nice guy.

Believe it or not - MY all time favorite Flyer (sorry - Recchi is a Pen to me ;) ) even though he just killed the Pens in the 1989 Playoffs. Killed them. They just could not get him out from the front of the net. I think he had 8 or 9 goals in the series and that was the first Pens playoff series I was old enought to remember.