Mezaros trade coming?

Guest Leach27

Mezaros has been a liability this preseason. Out of position, plays real tentative, clearly afraid of getting hurt again, Plus his cap hit is a killer for what he's bringing to the team. I like Mez but the mez of 2-3 years ago...I say trade him

• Like 2

Tim P reporting (1 hr ago) The Flyers are considering trading Mezaros for John Mitchell LW on the Avalanche. Mitchell is 28, cap hit 1.1 million, had 10 g and 10 a last year? Would you do this trade??

Colorado can afford mesz easily, 10 million under I believe, they can keep Mitchell and send us a pick

@Leach27  I watched Mitchell play his junior for Plymouth, a division rival of the Spits. He's kind of a mid range plugger type. Works hard, but is just an average skater, height and weight are also average 6'1 and 204lbs. He played 4 years for the Leafs as a bottom six guy.  He's ok, but I think our own players would do just as well, or better. The Flyers always seem to get scammed when they are doing an obvious salary dump, Gagne for Walker comes to mind, geez.

I'd prefer to take a second rounder and call it a day. If the Ave's suck, it would be like a really late first rounder perhaps. Maybe we sweeten the pot and include Mez, the Flyers second and a prospect and outright flip 1st rounders with the Ave's? I'd be real interested in that type of a deal!

@Leach27  I watched Mitchell play his junior for Plymouth, a division rival of the Spits. He's kind of a mid range plugger type. Works hard, but is just an average skater, height and weight are also average 6'1 and 204lbs. He played 4 years for the Leafs as a bottom six guy.  He's ok, but I think our own players would do just as well, or better. The Flyers always seem to get scammed when they are doing an obvious salary dump, Gagne for Walker comes to mind, geez.

I'd prefer to take a second rounder and call it a day. If the Ave's suck, it would be like a really late first rounder perhaps. Maybe we sweeten the pot and include Mez, the Flyers second and a prospect and outright flip 1st rounders with the Ave's? I'd be real interested in that type of a deal!

What if the Flyers were interested in Downie, you think the avs would part with him?? His cap hit though is $2.65 million.

@Leach27  I think Downie's time in Philly is done. It just did not work. He had a giant bullseye on his back playing for the Flyers. It would get worse if he came back. He should have a nice career as as 3rd liner, maybe even second if everything fell his way. I'll always cheer for the guy, classic underdog.

• Like 1