Show-Down in Vancity Tonight

goalnut3133

Tonight is a big night for the 'Nucks & Cory Schneider. It is the first time Schneids will be returning to Vancouver as a NJ Devil, to face his old team....and Luongo. Some are calling it a 'show-down' between the 2 goalies, who will come out on top? Some predict that if Schneids wins or shuts down Lu, the 'boo birds' might once again rain down upon Lu & could knock him off his mental game. Which may spell trouble for the 'Nucks for the near future.

But if Lu wins for the team tonite, he may be considered a 'hero' to the fans. It seems already, he is a crowd favourite here. In a poll taken on the local sports radio station this morning, when asked 'Who do you love, Luongo or Schneider?', over 60% (last I heard) were in favour of Lu. I admittedly was a bit surprised by those results. So there you have it. The fans' fire has once again been rekindled & hearts are warm once again towards our #1 goalie. 

However, what will the response of the fans be if Lu loses tonite? That is the question.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=21149

New Jersey Devils coach Pete DeBoer confirmed his goalie rotation for the next two games. Martin Brodeur will start Monday against the Edmonton Oilers and Cory Schneider will face his former team, theVancouver Canucks, on Tuesday.

"When we got Cory, and then I got the schedule, it became a no-brainer," DeBoer told reporters while the Devils took part in an optional skate in preparation for Monday's game in Edmonton. "I didn't have to spend a lot of time on it. With the back-to-back situation the plan was to split them on back-to-backs, especially early in the season anyway. It just made sense that those would be how we would rotate them in the two games.

"You talk to any player. They want to play against their old team. There is a comfort level there with the personnel on the other side, with the arena, with the environment. And there is obviously motivation there anytime you leave a team, regardless of the circumstances, to go back and play against them. He's no different than any other player."

@Polaris922 (hey i like your new siggy! lol)  Actually, & you've probably heard by now, both goalies were really good last nite, Schneids especially in the 1st period, just stonewalling the Nucks! Lu came through for us nicely as well, with one horrific bounce off a ref's foot, Weise's foot (I think it was) & in on the short side through Lu's feet, making it 2-0 against us. Could've been big trouble for us but Torts wouldn't let them give up, we fought back & overcame the deficit, with some impressive playing I'm happy to say from our 3rd line of Santorelli & Richardson. 

Tomorrow is the game I'm dreading though with fear & trembling....ugh the Sharks....& the cherry on top now: Hertl! Something tells me he is not a one-hit wonder!   So that should stymie any chance of a 4-game winning streak. 

@Polaris922 (hey i like your new siggy! lol)  Actually, & you've probably heard by now, both goalies were really good last nite, Schneids especially in the 1st period, just stonewalling the Nucks! Lu came through for us nicely as well, with one horrific bounce off a ref's foot, Weise's foot (I think it was) & in on the short side through Lu's feet, making it 2-0 against us. Could've been big trouble for us but Torts wouldn't let them give up, we fought back & overcame the deficit, with some impressive playing I'm happy to say from our 3rd line of Santorelli & Richardson. 

Tomorrow is the game I'm dreading though with fear & trembling....ugh the Sharks....& the cherry on top now: Hertl! Something tells me he is not a one-hit wonder!   So that should stymie any chance of a 4-game winning streak. 

Hertl looks impressive.  Not just talent, but his confidence.  Kid just looks like he's having a LOT of fun playing the game.