We put the ugh in ugly

yave1964

What an embarrassing loss tonight, 4-2 against the Coyotes. a few thoughts...

Kronwall looks lost. he has had one good game in the first four. that said his partner Ericsson looked really sharp.

You cannot win when the faceoffs are against you 42-22. Just brutal.

Alfie is pressing too hard. Relax dude, they are gonna come and then come in a bunch.

Tatar needs to play nightly for his energy. Bert, Sammy, Cleary can rotate in and out.

Nyquist, 4th in the league in AHL scoring so far. Just saying.

And Jimmy Howard looked slow and out of position all night.If it weren't against the Coyotes it would have been much, much worse

It was just obnoxious watching them play.  Who was that???  Howard just looked lost.  Alfie...I hope you're right @yave1964, and that he's just trying too hard.  That was just sorry...

On the other hand, I used to see this kind of play from the Red Wings at least once a year.  Whenever they played the Islanders, the Red Wings threw a half-dead effort at them and took the loss so they could rest up and avoid injuries.  It's embarrassing to think that a club as respected around the league as the Red Wings has gotten snobby, and feel they don't have to give 100% all the time.

Sincere apologies to the Coyotes on behalf of the Red Wings.

agreed, it did look accidental though. The game should have been decided long before then anyway....

He needs to keep his stick on the ice and not get it parallel. As soon as the ref sees that, they are looking at blowing the whistle. I didn't really see it as an accident.

From what little I've seen of the Wings so far this season, I agree Kronwall has looked a little off from his usual self. Mild injury, maybe?

Tatar and Nyquist full time. Make it happen! ^_^

What line is Alfredsson playing on?  I still think he's a has-been now.  He looked weak last season, and I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse from here.  

See, I knew it! Everyone's always saying "silly Leafs fans" but it's true! Alfredsson is a fiend! ;)

• Like 1

Tatar needs to play nightly for his energy. Bert, Sammy, Cleary can rotate in and out.

Nyquist, 4th in the league in AHL scoring so far. Just saying.

I told ya that Gus was gonna play such that he can't be ignored. Eventually, he's gonna be called up fer good.

As far as your earlier comment, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that Babs is already making some lineup changes, and I hope that this is a sign of more of the same soon to come--with even bigger names sitting out if necessary. He needs to crack the whip so that it HURTS! This kind of play is NOT acceptable, and that SHOULD mean that if it continues that he will stop those who continue to do it from playing at all to get the message across.

It will soon be time for a shakeup closer to the top. How close depends on how long they continue to play like they have for most of this season so far. But I am becoming more and more convinced that this MUST happen in this franchise for the long-term good of the team. Now/soon might be a pretty good time. Stupid to wait . It's kinda like surgery (and I do it, so I know about this): take your time to make sure it is necessary, but once you realize it is necessary, stop stalling and start cutting. Babs needs to get this done and quickly.

Red Wing players, that sound you are hearing? That's the sound of the blade being sharpened...

• Like 1