Flyers interested in making a blockbuster deal with Jets says EK

Mario99

Let me say that I would want Alexander Burmistrov in any deal with Jets, if he can get out of KHL

Onto the rumors. I continue to hear more and more regarding Philadelphia and Winnipeg talking. Names like Byfuglien, Coburn, Voracek, and Little keep coming up....among some prospects...

One source swears that if these two teams make a deal "It won't be a small deal" and history in Philly could bare that out. When things go far south the Flyers are prone to multi-player deals...

More when I get back Stateside.

Ek

let's just throw the dumbest trade ideas out there possible, shall we?

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I don't see any trade happening before the Rangers game.   There will be a minor one sometime around Thanksgiving.

This week, they're giving Berube the opportunity to run a week-long mini camp and think that will simply right the ship.    They are seriously THAT delusional.

There's no one coming on a white horse, and it's too early to sell and give up on the season (in their mind, plus the return wouldn't be as good now).

So let's dispense with the idiot Eklund trade rumours.

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I don't see any trade happening before the Rangers game.   There will be a minor one sometime around Thanksgiving.

I don't see anything happening, either.  But who knows.  Homer has surprised us before with a dumb move.  Maybe he'll do it again.

This week, they're giving Berube the opportunity to run a week-long mini camp and think that will simply right the ship.    They are seriously THAT delusional.

Berube's idea of running a mini camp is to give the team the weekend off.

let's just throw the dumbest trade ideas out there possible, shall we?

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I don't see any trade happening before the Rangers game. There will be a minor one sometime around Thanksgiving.

This week, they're giving Berube the opportunity to run a week-long mini camp and think that will simply right the ship. They are seriously THAT delusional.

There's no one coming on a white horse, and it's too early to sell and give up on the season (in their mind, plus the return wouldn't be as good now).

So let's dispense with the idiot Eklund trade rumours.

Agree rux... The only thing I see is maybe Mezz getting moved for a pick or a bag of pucks.

This trade stuff is pretty funny though....

Ruxpin, this is the best time to deal, they have 6 days to work new guys in, this team needs a jolt, practicing for 6 days with these stiffs won't help

I don't disagree that practicing for 6 days with these stiffs won't help.  I would have thought my post would have indicated that.

But I completely disagree that this is the best time to deal.  It's actually the WORST time, which is why you don't see much trading this time of year and why we haven't seen one.

They have to wait until later in the year when teams--including the Flyers---have some LTIR space to work with for cap reasons.  Additionally, and maybe more importantly, they (particularly the Flyers) get less return for their assets now than if they wait until later.

There is no trade or handful of trades that is going to help this team for this year.   Whatever trade you're making, you're doing it with next year and further in mind.  So there is absolutely no good reason to do it now.  They still may, because they're idiots who are delusional enough to  think this year and this team is salvageable, but it is entirely the wrong way to go.

• Like 2

Mario,

What was your point?   That in the long history of hockey there HAVE been occasional trades at this time of year?  No kidding.  But not one single trade on that list from this time of year in the Cap era.  I still maintain my previous statement.

It would be a lot easier to wade through your 47,000 one-line threads and posts if you would make an attempt to HAVE a point and clearly state it.

The king of one line threads...

Yes, and the thread tourettes is actually getting quite old.   I would much prefer that if he has a thought on something that he would find one of the several threads already existing on the topic and write it there. 

Yes, and the thread tourettes is actually getting quite old.   I would much prefer that if he has a thought on something that he would find one of the several threads already existing on the topic and write it there.

Anyone remember a poster who used to post here and on philly.com called "rafael"? Mario99 reminds me a lot of that guy.

• Like 1

Like you guys know hockey, probably never played and wished you did, everyone posts quick one line threads

who wants to read your long drawn out dribble on hockey and who has the time to read 500 word stories about nothing important

• Like 1

@Mario99

No, seriously.  You spam the board with drivel threads.   It absolutely needs to stop.  Just because you're standing on top of the back of the toilet and have a brain spasm doesn't mean it has to be a new thread.

Either write something insightful with a point and an actual thought, or simply add to an already existing thread on that topic.   It's getting old and will no longer be tolerated.

• Like 2