Sens have inquired about Gill.

Leach27

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-november-3-2013/

Garrioch also reported Senators GM Bryan Murray has held talks with a couple of teams seeking an upgrade on defense. He could try to shore up the blueline if the Senators fail to improve over the next couple of games. Garrioch lists the Flyers Hal Gill, the Maple Leafs John-Michael Liles, the Canucks Yanick Weber, the Kings Alec Martinez and the Panthers Tom Gilbert among the list of available blueliners.

I don't see this happening right now because Gill will play against the canes, unless he all of a sudden drops out of favor then he might be moved. Also I thought that the sens had a lot of depth on D in binghamton? So why would they want Gill, the only good thing about him is that he would come cheap. Why are they not interested in getting mez back??

I don't see this happening right now because Gill will play against the canes, unless he all of a sudden drops out of favor then he might be moved.

I think you have to be *in* favor to drop out of favor.

Gill has only played 1 game.  Even if he is supposed to play against the Canes, I don't think that would be enough to hold him. 

I think you have to be *in* favor to drop out of favor.

Gill has only played 1 game.  Even if he is supposed to play against the Canes, I don't think that would be enough to hold him. 

Maybe not. But The Flyers are really high on him for some reason. What can we get for him anyway?

Gill has actually looked good in his 1 game. I'd keep playing him first. Mez, I like Mez and before I thought about getting rid of him, I'd move turnover Coburn who has 7 turnovers that led to goals this season thus far and he makes 1mil more than Mez. Mez is also more Defensive minded than Coburn. Like I said, I'd move Coburn FIRST. First is the key word here. 

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-november-3-2013/

Garrioch also reported Senators GM Bryan Murray has held talks with a couple of teams seeking an upgrade on defense. He could try to shore up the blueline if the Senators fail to improve over the next couple of games. Garrioch lists the Flyers Hal Gill, the Maple Leafs John-Michael Liles, the Canucks Yanick Weber, the Kings Alec Martinez and the Panthers Tom Gilbert among the list of available blueliners.

I don't see this happening right now because Gill will play against the canes, unless he all of a sudden drops out of favor then he might be moved. Also I thought that the sens had a lot of depth on D in binghamton? So why would they want Gill, the only good thing about him is that he would come cheap. Why are they not interested in getting mez back??

hey, if you can get something for an old guy you signed from a tryout, do it.  Maybe that's why they're actually playing him?  To showcase?

Good question about Mez.   He's a UFA this summer, so not that big a risk for a 3rd or 4th pick, don't you think?

hey, if you can get something for an old guy you signed from a tryout, do it.  Maybe that's why they're actually playing him?  To showcase?

Good question about Mez.   He's a UFA this summer, so not that big a risk for a 3rd or 4th pick, don't you think?

Agree on both statements. They could be show casing Gill. I would take whatever is offered for mez, as we will be gone as a UFA, and we could use the capspace.

• Like 1

What "needs" to happen to move Mesz is some injuries to other teams' defensemen. Flyers may have to retain some salary for it to happen as well.

Getting anything for him would be better than having him walk for nothing.

What "needs" to happen to move Mesz is some injuries to other teams' defensemen. Flyers may have to retain some salary for it to happen as well.

Getting anything for him would be better than having him walk for nothing.

I think injuries to other teams are inevitable. We might as well retain some salary if that is what it takes, they throw enough $$ around, what's another 2 million?? :lol:

• Like 1

I think injuries to other teams are inevitable. We might as well retain some salary if that is what it takes, they throw enough $$ around, what's another 2 million?? :lol:

Just might not happen on the "sooner" side - but value could go up.

• Like 1