Sabres Shooting: Ouch...

Polaris922

Kills me how you pick on a team in full rebuild and your  own team is going no where.  We beat the Sharks proving only that  Miller is the best goalie in the world. 

Nice win for your boys last night Junkie good to see that they are still trying. They were HUGE underdogs according to Vegas, the biggest losing line in years from what I read. Shows the smart money is not always smart

Kills me how you pick on a team in full rebuild and your  own team is going no where.  We beat the Sharks proving only that  Miller is the best goalie in the world. 

Pittsburgh is 11-4 and has 22 points to lead the Eastern Conference.

b-b-b-b-but The Flyers!

@Hockey Junkie

Junkie this whole segment has been Sabre, Penguin and Wing fans. Not a Flyer fan in sight, relax and just enjoy the victory last night. You are welcome to tease me about my Wings laying an egg against the Jets two nights ago or Polaris about Cindy wearing a skirt but really, quit thinking everyone in here is a Flyer fan. We are not, the non Flyer posters are growing every day.

• Like 1

There is a reason they are in full rebuild mode.

Not a Flyer fan in sight you point out.  Why would there be?  There season is a disaster and they know it all too well.  I am really suprised they have not fired the GM and replaced the new "coach".  I would not trade places with them for all the whiskey in Ireland

You're the one talking to them - you tell us?

quit thinking everyone in here is a Flyer fan

You're right yave, not everyone in here is a Flyer fan.  ALMOST everyone in here is a Flyer fan. The 1 percentile that is not, is sorely outnumbered. I've tried supporting many Flyer games by joining in on the Game chat room on their game nights & was happy to do so. I distinctly remember though, hanging out in the chat room for almost an entire Nucks game one nite (was supposed to meet someone in there), and not 1 single Flyer fan joined me, even momentarily, to help support the Nucks, even though many were on the board that nite. Not complaining about the guys, cuz they are great guys, just giving my honest feeling of how isolated & excluded it can feel on here, observing as I come into my 5th month on this forum. 

Do not be surprised if Buffalo makes it to the finals before the Penguins

Ok bud I posted the image to give you a laugh. You have no reason to be so defensive all the time. If we don't joke with each other the place becomes a very mundane board.

Your boys are trying their best, but your GM is an idiot. You have several players I think highly of, Miller included, but he's not the best goalie out there and even if he were he can't do it himself.

You need to lighten up. I'm not a Flyers fan and in fact I'm a fan of possibly their biggest rival, the Penguins. You seriously think your Sabres will get to the finals before the Pens do again then good luck with that. I've been in your shoes routing for a rebuilding team many years, but I never spouted such stupidity at people because I can't take a joke.

You're right yave, not everyone in here is a Flyer fan.  ALMOST everyone in here is a Flyer fan. The 1 percentile that is not, is sorely outnumbered. I've tried supporting many Flyer games by joining in on the Game chat room on their game nights & was happy to do so. I distinctly remember though, hanging out in the chat room for almost an entire Nucks game one nite (was supposed to meet someone in there), and not 1 single Flyer fan joined me, even momentarily, to help support the Nucks, even though many were on the board that nite. Not complaining about the guys, cuz they are great guys, just giving my honest feeling of how isolated & excluded it can feel on here, observing as I come into my 5th month on this forum. 

Just for the record, ol' HJ here has a loooong history with a lot of folks on this forum from the philly.com forums that most of us fled. He has a knee-jerk feeling that everyone who says anything is a Flyers fan - something we are attempting to disabuse him of.

There is no question that most posters here are Flyers fans rightnow, but we have made lots of efforts to get fans from other teams. None of the people who are running the site WANT this to be a "Flyer site." We're very happy to have any and all. But the critical mass that made the site viable was a result of Flyers fans.

Not sure when your Nucks game was on, but if it was three hours past east coast time, I'm not surprised there weren't a lot of folks around.

You might make sure to post in the shoutbox that you're in the chatroom, as not a lot of people IMO go there frequently (I drop in and out even during Flyer games).

Not everybody has access to the broadcasts, either.

That said, we might look to create more "event"-oriented chats for national broadcasts, etc. - I'll see what we can do.

• Like 1

It stinks that the Sabres are rebuilding the team and they just aren't doing good this season. I really thought this was going to be their season with the rebuilding of the team. I'm hoping they can at least start putting up some wins!

Edited by hf101
removed link