Pegula: Rolston/Regier OUT, Nolan/LaFontaine IN

radoran

Your goalie stinks.  You know it.  You have to realize you need a better goalie.  Geez.  Are you happy with your record?  How can you be.  You have Giriex and Reed who are great players.  Shen is good.  I do not think you are as deep as you pretend

Mason 2.13, .931

Miller 3.13, .919

The "b-b-b-b-but The Flyers" schtick is really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY old.

What a joke.  Miller has been praised by every national media site and television station for how great he has played. Are you serious?  You think Mason is even close to Miller?  You would trade him for Miller so fast but you won't admit it because you know its never happening and you are a dreamer

National media has said he's "played well despite being on Buffalo" and "played well despite the crap around him."   That's all true.

If talking body of work, Miller has the better resume (Mason's Calder Trophy notwithstanding) and has been a very good goalie for a much longer time. When he does well, I don't think anyone (sane) can argue it's a fluke.  The jury is obviously still out on Mason. 

However, if you're talking THIS year, Mason is better in every way.   And by the way, Mason too should get the caveat "played well despite being on Philly" and "played well despite the crap around him."

Age vs. age and salary vs. salary, I'll take Mason over Miller (this season) all day long.

I just saw 3 notifications for the same post.  This is so lame trying to convince you that Miller is better than Mason.  You are the only one on Earth that would say Mason is better than Miller.   Just plain ridiculous.    Its the Flyers rule mentality.   I cannot even name the guy that replaced Laviolette?  Is he the coach or interum?  

The numbers don't lie.   Mason's numbers are MUCH better than Miller's.   Again, please note the context I'm putting "better" in, though.  THIS season on it's own, it's quite impossible to argue.

No interim tag on Craig Berube.  He wouldn't have been my choice, but he's not exactly a no-name.  I don't know that someone who just had Ron Rolston--who had no business being in an NHL arena let alone behind a bench--should throw stones about coaching.

• Like 1

@Hockey Junkie

Just remember you tried to convince us all that your Sabres were better each year since you joined and you've been wrong each time. 

But one thing I do have to admit....the Flyers goalies have never had to play against mass murderers like Miller does.

@Hockey Junkie

I am not throwing stones.  I am only questioning the decision and wondering if he is on for the long haul or simply an interum?

Yeah, me too.   Officially, he's hired as coach, not interim (I question that part even more than the hiring).

Do you think Holmgren will survive this if the Flyers season turns out bad?

Hard to say and probably depends upon how bad.  If they continue to play as they have in the last stretch of games, Holmgren probably keeps his job (please see my signature line if you want to know how I feel about that)

I cannot see the coach surviving and to be honest I am shocked neither Buffalo or Philly have gone to Ron Wilson.  I am shocked Wilson is still out of work

The improvement under Berube is now palpable.  In my opinion, it would need to continue and preferably get even better.  I'm not a fan of Ron Wilson and wouldn't want him.  Maybe Buffalo's new GM (whomever that will be) goes to Wilson, but I think I'd like to see what Nolan is able to do first.