Lackluster play...

Polaris922

@yave1964  I watched the Sabres vs Leafs games Saturday night before the UFC pay per view. Had a house full of Leaf fans hooting and hollering, so it was hard to really concentrate, but the Sabres looked flat compared to the win on Friday against the Leafs. I thought they should have played Miller back to back in this one. He's lifetime 30-15 against the Leafs, really has their number, so maybe roll with the hot goalie? The Sabres historically give the Leafs fit, always play them tough no matter how the standings go.

I thought Ott played a pretty inspired game. Tyler Ennis showed flashes that he was coming out his funk. Moulson was mostly invisible....ditto for Hodgson. Seems like Nolan, in general has them playing much better.

One hilarious moment, Phaneuf basically tripped and lost his balance for no reason, and attacked Cody McCormick out of sheer embarrassment. A few fights ensued. John Scott was up to his old tricks....was hoping to see Orr vs McCormick, but the refs broke it up. Enroth did not look sharp at all.

The Flyers are gonna make quick work of this group of rag tag warriors on Thursday....mark it down!!

@jammer2

The Flyer game I am looking forward to is Ottawa. The Senators are starting to come on, like the Flyers and can play any style of game up tempo, slow checking game, banging, tight goaltending or wide open. Both teams have been playing well and I am looking forward to Neil and Simmonds going at it. I circle games on the schedule that I don't want to miss and this is definitely one of them.

One thing I envy you bacon impaired folks from the great white north is having folks over to watch a hockey game like that. Sadly, it does not happen around these parts, every now and then my one son in law will join us for a game but he asks to many questions and we have to pause too much and explain the game.

You guys have big get togethers for a regular season game and I cannot go into a local establishment even in the playoff season and see a game on television which makes me sad. The wife and I joke all the time about wanting to move to Canada, lol. Maybe then I would be a bigger fan of juniors too.

The Pens were 7-2 before Letang came back........and that guy is signed through 2022 @ 7.25 mil per!!! That is a whole lot of money for a defensemen who has never heard the word defense.I think Homer was whispering in Ray's ear on that one....

@Hockey Junkie

Yup overrated.

Who is the Sabres best forward? Ummm. Mouslon maybe, probably Hodgson. Lets go with him.

How many forwards do the Penguins have better than Hodgson? Keep inmind I like him and think he is a good player.

1. Sid  2. Malkin  3.  Neal   4. Dupuis. So four Pen forwards before Hodson.

We could easily do the same thing at defense. Letang, Martin, Niskanen and Orpik are better than whoever the Sabres have as a number one d-man. Myers? Please. Tallinder  maybe thirty years ago. A couple of good kids but raw as can be.

So you are antagonizing fans of a team that makes your team look like a mediocred AHL squad.

Excuse me, I represent the AHL players association, and we are truely dissappointed that you would insult us by insuating that we play as bad as the Buffalo Sabres.  Please cease and desist all comparisons of said kind.

Okay, with all the apcray games the Pens have played, what a GEM in Washington tonight.  Can you fault anyone's play tonight?  Why in the world can't they play every game like that.    Good goaltending, great PK, PP scores a goal.  Up and down the lineup, great effort.  Best game that they played this season.   Offensive juggernaut in the Craps?, Held them  to 18 shots on goal, 3 in the third when the Caps should have been playing desperate hockey.

Damn fine game.

@nossagog  Only saw a bit of the 1st, but Holtby looked bad on first 2 goals, should have been stopped.

The first goal I don't think he saw until it was too late.  The second I agree, you have to make that save, but it was a great shot placement going to the far side.

In all, I think that the Pens dominated most of the game, which surprised me.  I thought it was going to be a hard fought close game.