What would you do if you were cheap shotted in a game of pick up hockey?

bunnyman

Appropriate reaction to cheap shot during pick up hockey  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if you were tripped during a game up pick up hockey?

• Gather your things and go home
    • Say "that was a trip!" and cry
    • Find him with his head down and bury him into the boards
    • Cross check him in the neck a few times
    • skate full force into him, then challenge him to a fight
    • wait for him after the game in the parking lot and jump him
    • other (specify)

Bunny - it sounds like you've got yourself a little too worked up over nothing. Trips happen. It's not a spear to the groin or an elbow to the face. Let it go and enjoy the game. if the same guy does something again, lay him out with a nice check.

@bunnyman,

I voted other. If you are not a professional or playing competitively, then retaliation should be your last choice. I would let the other guy know that he cheap shotted you and you have to get up in the morning and go to work. An injury because of him playing cheap isn't cool.

I skate with the same group of guys 2-3 times a week. The guy who organizes our group won't stand for that kind of stuff.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

Bunny - it sounds like you've got yourself a little too worked up over nothing. Trips happen. It's not a spear to the groin or an elbow to the face. Let it go and enjoy the game. if the same guy does something again, lay him out with a nice check.

I am worked up because I kinda let him get away with it. I did cross-check him a few times, but nothing that left a mark.

I will exact my revenge!!!

@bunnyman,

I voted other. If you are not a professional or playing competitively, then retaliation should be your last choice. I would let the other guy know that he cheap spotted you and you have to get up in the morning and go to work. An injury because of him playing cheap isn't cool.

I skate with the same group of guys 2-3 times a week. The guy who organizes our group won't stand for that kind of stuff.

This is where the wannabe NHL-er in all of us enters. I have to put that guy back deep within so he doesn't come out.

If he trips me again, there will be a stern conversation.

The way he laced the stick between my legs DEFINITELY said trip, by the way.

I was lucky I only ended up with minor abrasions on my thigh and light bruising. I am okay with incidentally blocking slapshots with my shin pads or even an errant puck to the head. I just don't like cheap shots.

@Rink Rat

I will definitely let him know, as I am back on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Bunny...the dark evil side of me (deep Lord Vader breaths) says go ahead & wait for him in the parking lot & jump him :ph34r: ....BUT, the good angelic side of me says....oh, wait....what was the question again??   :rolleyes:

lol

wear a black helmet with a dark tinted visor when I go again? Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Or should I wear a Princess Leah wig and be nice?

lol

Yes! And don't forget to say just before you check him hard, "Luke, I AM your father!"  ...Aka "Who's your Daddy, punk?!"   :ph34r: 

I may see the real Stuarto Pidasso tomorrow and do this. Tan throwback gloves should add to the effect, yes?

• Like 1