It's All Fun And Games Until Someone Loses An Eye

ihabs1993

Not this Pens fan. ;)

And again - Cooke's suspensions (or lack of depending on one's take) is about Cooke only - nothing at all to do with the Pens other than that is who he was playing for when the league started cracking down on him.  If you want to be upset about the league's handling of Cooke, be upset about his time with Vancouver. He got nailed pretty hard while he was in Pittsburgh.

Not compared to Downie.... :D  haha!

To xganarchy...I pass the torch.

And Wilson got nothing for HIS first offense, blatant charging on Schenn with what looked to be clear intent to injure. Imo, similar to Downie's first incident to a lesser extent.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Wilson got nothing for HIS first offense, blatant charging on Schenn with what looked to be clear intent to injure. Imo, similar to Downie's first incident to a lesser extent.

Yeah - other than Wilson never leaving his feet, never making contact with Schenn's head, never even extending his elbow's towards Schenn's head - it was just like the Downie hit.  :ph34r: Oh wait -Schenn did turn at the last second making the point of contact his back instead of shoulder to shoulder. So we can add....other than McAmmond not turning at the last second...it was juuuuust like the Downie hit. :blink:

• Like 1

Orpik was in a gathering of players, in a scrum. Not exactly what I would classify as "third man in". To me that means a third guy comes in while a fight is already underway.

A group of players in a scrum... where a fifth man in if you count the officials.. is Thornton.  Honestly I don't care about the third man in idea... it's a cowardly assault from behind.  Even Thornton admits that... why can't people here?  

I definitely admit it was wrong and deserving of a suspension.I do agree with many others however that the inincident would've been avoided had Orpik fought when it happened. Even Claude Lemiuex would sometimes drop the gloves and at least turtle.

Because as countless people including Claude Julien said, a player shouldn't have to fight to defend a clean hit. And certainly not a tough guy like Thornton. Next body check Giroux throws he should have to drop gloves with John Scott. No difference here.