Hockey related X-mas loot?

bunnyman

I got a fifty dollar ebay gift certificate to buy what i want, i will use it in January when the 2013-14 ITG pre rookie cards come out and apply it towards a set, i also got JR the Roenick book, i have wanted it for some time but somehow kept forgetting to pick it up. Great read BTW unless you are a Marleau fan that is.

I got my Grandson who turns two in March his first set of ice skates. His mom, my daughter says no way no how can i take him out skating that young but grandparents trump parents IMHO so we will see, lol.

His mom, my daughter says no way no how can i take him out skating that young but grandparents trump parents IMHO so we will see, lol.

Fun days, my friend. 

Great  times watching a little kid learning to skate.  They fall down, get up, fall down, get up.  Seeing that show of guts and determination makes the bond between us and our offspring even more special. 

One of my grandsons was just barely 4, when I took him to his first practice.  One end of the ice was for 7-8 year olds.  They were being assigned to mite teams.   The other end was for beginner instruction.  

My little pal joins the little kids.  He skates around, not paying much attention to the grown-ups on the ice who are telling him what to do.   He skates over to me and asks if he can have a slushie after his skate.  I say sure.  He leaves me and instead of returning to the beginners, he decides to visit the "big" kids.  I'm a Grandpa, so I don't stop him.  He can skate as well as most of the older kids, anyway.  So, in a while one of the coaches copies his name and telephone number from his helmet onto a clipboard.   He'd "made" one of the mite teams. 

My buddy got to compete with older kids because I just shut my mouth and did what Grampas do.  

Edited by blocker
  • Like 2