Red-hot Flyers could be darkhorse in the East - THN Article

EDI-Flyer

@RonJeremy

All the more reason that young guys like Gus get more minutes and experience. But yeah, I agree with you, Kimmo has a lot of miles on those legs and looks tired at times.

Gus has not looked particularly good to my eyes this year.  I'm not sure what is happening with him , but he's noticeable for overskating pucks, fanning on passes , making bad decisions on the breakout far more than I was expecting after last year's showing of competence. plus I have seen him get owned in a few too many puck battles and that didn't happen very much last year either...  At this point I think I'd like to see what's up with Konan, Alt , maybe Manning as I have the feeling that Gus may be the penultimate tweener.

Edited by mojo1917

Gus has not looked particularly good to my eyes this year.  I'm not sure what is happening with him , but he's noticeable for overskating pucks, fanning on passes , making bad decisions on the breakout far more than I was expecting after last year's showing of competence. plus I have seen him get owned in a few too many puck battles and that didn't happen very much last year either...  At this point I think I'd like to see what's up with Konan, Alt , maybe Manning as I have the feeling that Gus may be the penultimate tweener.

I'll have to take your word for it as I have watched too few games this year until recently and he has been injured of late.

I don't necessarily see the tweener comment. I think he's like many young players, especially D, needing to bulk up and get more experience. I still like his game.

We'll see I guess.

They're playing we'll now. Compared to where they started, getting to this kind Of game is amazing and really that alone tells me anything at all is possible.

The east? Doubtful. Deep playoffs? Maybe. Who knows.

They don't really have the "reliable" and successful veteran pieces to steady the keel for a cup run.

Maybe thy don't new that. Who knows. I fear it'll become a problem in the playoffs, but god willing I'm wrong. The fact that we're talking playoffs now is amazing though. I will not lose perspective on that.

They're in playoff position and that alone is shocking and suggests absolutely anything is possible.

They're playing we'll now. Compared to where they started, getting to this kind Of game is amazing and really that alone tells me anything at all is possible.

The east? Doubtful. Deep playoffs? Maybe. Who knows.

They don't really have the "reliable" and successful veteran pieces to steady the keel for a cup run.

Maybe thy don't new that. Who knows. I fear it'll become a problem in the playoffs, but god willing I'm wrong. The fact that we're talking playoffs now is amazing though. I will not lose perspective on that.

They're in playoff position and that alone is shocking and suggests absolutely anything is possible.

People were savaging Giroux for saying something along the lines of taking each game as it comes playing the way we can and the playoffs will take care of themselves. Just savaging him for it...interesting that he saw it a few weeks before we did, but maybe he's figuring the captain, leadership, good / maybe great player thing out.

Credit to 28 and credit to Chief who has these guys playing well for 200 feet and able to skate for 70 minutes a night.

Berube and his staff have done a great job getting these guys to play together and believing they are never beaten...maybe he's the perfect guy for this young group...

They are playing really well and have turned it around way better than I thought they could. But watch the Hawks play and tell me they could win 4 games out of 7 against them. Don't think so. It's possible, but not probable.

true.  then again, the hawks have lost 3 of their last 4, including losses to NYR and NYI.  all teams stumble at some point, it's a matter of timing.