The Ducks Look Tough

AndyS

Don't look now, but the Ducks look like a monster this season.

I thought they would miss Bobby Ryan more than they have, but they haven't missed a beat.  They are stacked.

Getzlaf is having an MVP (Hart) season.

If they stay healthy, I think they go to the Finals.  They're that good.  It's a shame that half the country doesn't get to watch them because their games are so late.

The Ducks are downright nasty, Souray will be like a trade deadline acquisition when he comes back to an already underrated defense. A three headed goalie tandem and Gibson now in the mix. Deep, well coached impossible to beat at home. If Boudreau can finally learn to win in the post season, it is with this squad right here.

@yave1964   The West is so deep and nasty, I'm wondering if the team coming out of the West will have anything left for the cup final. All 3 series in the West will be barn burners....lot's of 7 games series I'm betting and a lot of injuries from wickedly physical play.

• Like 1

The Ducks are downright nasty, Souray will be like a trade deadline acquisition when he comes back to an already underrated defense. A three headed goalie tandem and Gibson now in the mix. Deep, well coached impossible to beat at home. If Boudreau can finally learn to win in the post season, it is with this squad right here.

Have you ever seen a team with this much quality depth at goaltender???

Hiller, Victor Fasth, Gibson, and Andersen.  Any or all of them could be starters.

If the Ducks need to swing a deal at the deadline, they have plenty of trade chips.

All I can say is im ashamed that Vatanen isnt even an honourable mention for Norris...I hate that points determine the fate of that trophy. *cough...

V-card post btw everyone! *high fives.

Interesting comment. I own him in fantasy but never get a chance to see him play. Tell me more...

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Getzlaf has now topped his all time goal scoring for a season, with plenty of time left to add to that total. His previous best was 25 goals and now stands at 27 and counting. He has 64 pts in 55 games. Don't know if he is going to surpass his previous best point total for a season at 91, but he has a decent shot at it. He's just killing it this year. One of the rare athletes that actually plays better after signing a long term (basically a end of career extension) contract. What a great emotional leader this guy is.

On a stacked Team Canada team, he could easily be the MVP, he's that good.