Timonen - does he retire at the end of the season?

off_the_post

@King Knut

Hagg has 1g and 4 a this year. Morin has 6 g and 17 a. What makes you think they are past the point of benefitting from the league they are in? And how in the world can you think they need to move up a league, and in the same breath feel they may be getting overworked where they are? I'd rather have a prospect getting big minutes in a lesser league than sitting in a pressbox watching games. Morin may well play junior as an overager. We all knew he was a project...rushing him won't help.

• Like 1

the "Breck girl " is -7 not so great for  your top pairing guy...

His contract is for big money and a long time, so you have fun with the lump in your throat when he's on the ice in the defensive zone when the Pens need a stop for the next 8 years.  

though with all the depth in the  system on defense just move him to wing...

the "Breck girl " is -7 not so great for your top pairing guy...

His contract is for big money and a long time, so you have fun with the lump in your throat when he's on the ice in the defensive zone when the Pens need a stop for the next 8 years.

though with all the depth in the system on defense just move him to wing...

I won't argue his defensive lapses this season. But he more than makes up for them in his play. Please spare me the loyalist comparison of current day Timonen to Letang. Anyone even trying that is just ignoring the game for the color of the jersey.

My *insert comment here* post was meant to be funny because I know many if you expected one. I didn't mean to bring out all the butthurt defend Timonen loyalists. He had a great career. Enjoy him.

@Polaris922

Not butt hurt at all and I did expect you to comment.

In fact I would have been disappointed had you not chimed in.

I do believe everything I typed there though, he's expensive for a long time , you may want to stock up on the smoothie flavored tums now.

@Polaris922

Not butt hurt at all and I did expect you to comment.

In fact I would have been disappointed had you not chimed in.

I do believe everything I typed there though, he's expensive for a long time , you may want to stock up on the smoothie flavored tums now.

Nah I don't worry about him. He's had a rough injury laden season, but his numbers are climbing quickly, and he'll be in the plus by season's end. He's a quality d-man who takes chances. We need someone to balance out Scuderi and Orpik after all. ;)