Yes, sitting Mez was the answer...

pensuck

Greetings:

This was a good afternoon for mixing laundry with the game. Doing the laundry was more enjoyable than watching this muck.  I am wondering if we have an AHL squad in drag.  I will stick with my statement of earlier this week here....the "Berube Effect" may be wearing off. Yep, we got a stretch of defensively responsible hockey and effort that came from wanting to please a new coach. But now the flaws in the defense and the parts being less than the whole are showing up. 

Goal is even concerning me. Mason may be what his critics pointed out. But I even worry about Emery. That said, with this D, Bernie and Bobo would wither. There is no teamwork. Even the announcers, who are Comcast Homers, speak the truth. 

This stretch will say a lot about the character of the team but more importantly, I think it will tell us that Holmgren and staff may not be particularly good judges of talent. On that score, Iginla at 1.8 million is a real bargain compared to Vinny.

My apologies for dumping. But seeing the old geezers like Schultz and Leach in the stands made me think about a franchise that had pride, character, and skill.  Can we say the same about this bunch?

Howie

What the hell did they sit Mez for? He's been one of the few actually showing up lately.

It makes no sense whatsoever... None. I still do not see what people are excited about with Guy honestly buy he is the least of our worries.

Maybe a high draft pick is not out of the question after all

It makes no sense whatsoever... None. I still do not see what people are excited about with Guy honestly buy he is the least of our worries.

Maybe a high draft pick is not out of the question after all

Murray:

A high draft pick may not matter with this GM. We will either botch the pick or rush his development....or trade elsewhere to blossom.

Howie

Gentlemen,

Greetings to all. I will go out on a limb and say that it is time to make some moves to better this team. I advocate trading Giroux and Coots if we can get some good young d-men. We all know we must build from the goal out and I think we could get Ristolainen and Seth Jones for those two. We have centers who could replace these guys so we'd see what we have. Seems we have no trouble finding centers/wingers but have no clue when it comes to d-man/goalies. This season is a wash so why not do something intelligent going forward. Why not raid the Preds pantry since they always have good young d-men. Better yet, hire their scout who seems to be spot on. Sorry, just frustrated with this organization and the GM/Owner.